Passed CISSP

VSJVSJ Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed the exam...

I took around 5 of the 6 hours given. The exam was 250 questions, and of course all of them are multiple guess/choice.

1. Material used: CISSP AIO v5, ISC2 OIG, Shon Harris Video Mentor, CCCURE Forums, and CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional - Exam Prep App in AppStore

2. Broke studying into 1 solid week per domain, and gave 2 week s of just reviewing questions.

3. Suggestions for members – This exam isn’t easy, but don’t over study. This exam is a inch deep and a mile wide. There’s no way you can know everything, but knowing how to come to the right conclusion is the most important aspect of this exam. By knowing the high level concepts that they expect you to know, you will pass the exam. If you memorize the technical stuff, such as the layers of the OSI model, that may or may not help you solve a telecommunications question on the exam.( I wouldn’t count on it)

Overall I really enjoyed the exam experience… just remember that you MUST have patience when it comes to take the exam, but more importantly afterwards … I took the exam a bit ago, and am working on the second step (endorsement).

Comments

• tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Congrats +1
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and thanks for the info.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • cquispe.devcquispe.dev Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    Congrads! I intend to take this one up as well :)
  • papadocpapadoc Member Posts: 154
    Congrats VSJ. My hope is that I can post a "Passed CISSP" thread just as you did, but in Dec of 2014 when I am scheduling the test for.

I've been studying for two weeks, would appreciate if you could detail your study cycle such as: "Read one domain, took 3 quizzes, watched video on domain, took quizzes again etc." Everyone has a different study style that works best for them, however I think sharing that is extremely valuable as some of us get stuck in a studying rut and doing some different orders could help break out of it.
  • imthatguyimthatguy Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • EasyPeezyEasyPeezy Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• sr2000sr2000 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats!
    how are you going to do to keep the CISSP status up to date? I heard that you must work in a IT security-related field.
  • fullcrowmoonfullcrowmoon Member Posts: 172
    Excellent news! Congratulations!
    "It's so stimulating being your hat!"
    "... but everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked."