Options

troubleshooting networks reference

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
hey guys, do you know of any troubleshooting books for real world hands on help.
I just got a job as a network engineer and wanted to know of any quick command book on troubleshooting routing like BGP, connection issues etc...thanks

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    cisco troubleshooting IP protocols I think thats the name. If you are a network engineer thats a must have book IMHO.

TCP/IP VOL 1 and 2 you should also have those as well.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the new position! Those are definetly great reads I plan to get after finishing NP as periodic reads.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    thanks Daniel,
    yeah love my job. It allows room to grow. I work with a team of telecom guys and we setup managed WANs and edge vpn routers so cool but
    I need to brush up on TS and any real world enterprise TS technique cause now I am with Enterprise and it is a larger animal now. but love it.
    good luck dude...my certs did help me get this job.
  • Options
    chandima5320chandima5320 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your studies
  • Options
    thanks Chandima the certs helped my understanding of things to come to learn...these guys where are work are very talented I hope to help them work and learn from them..and maybe I can teach them something I have learned humbly! thank you