How long till certificate arrives

rhaynalrhaynal Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I passed the test a month ago but still haven't received my certificate and card yet. How long does it take for ISC2 to send these?

Thanks!

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Send them to where? Have you contacted the (ISC)2 and asked?
  • rhaynalrhaynal Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Maybe I was not clear enough. I am talking about them sending the CISSP certificate to the address listed in my (isc)2 profile. It feels like a passed the test a long time ago and yet the only thing I have received from ISC2 is a congratulations email. My boss has asked me to bring in the certificate and hang it on the wall. Can't bring in what you don't have. I have 2 other certs from GIAC (GSEC and GCIH) in both cases I received a certificate within a week of passing the test.

And to your other point, I did email them today but have not gotten a response back yet.

thanks.
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just to be clear, you've already went through the endorsement process after passing the exam right?
    Yep, Done with the endorsement. Here is a portion of the email they sent back:

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]Certificate/ID Number: 479667
    Cycle Start Date: Apr 01, 2014
    Cycle End Date: Mar 31, 2017
    [/FONT]
    Dear Richard Haynal,

"Congratulations! It gives me great pleasure to be the first to address you with the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) designation!
    [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Based upon your examination results, a review of your application and acceptance of your endorsement, the (ISC)2 Board of Directors award you with the CISSP Certification. Your ID card and certificate will be shipped to the address above within eight weeks."

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]I know it says 8 weeks but by that time my management will have forgot that I even sat for the test. I was hoping it would, in [/FONT]actuality[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif], it would be a lot sooner.[/FONT][/FONT]
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Contact the (ISC)2 and ask if your certificate has been mailed to you. If your certificate has not been mailed yet, ask what is the delay. Depending on where you are in the world it may take some time to get to you.
    Thanks. I did send them an email and got a reply back. They said I can expect it within 4 -6 weeks after getting the email. Well that is better than 8 weeks but still seems a bit long.

Thanks for all the comments!
  • serene2013serene2013 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    is there anyway to tracking it?
  • exspiravitexspiravit Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My congratulatory email indicated an approximate time of eight weeks. As (ISC)2 has CISSP and other popular exams (my exam ID was in the 400k range) this makes sense. Probably queue them up for a batch print, Q&A, mailing via 3rd class, etc.

I too can't wait to put this one up on the wall.
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mine was post marked and then delivered a few days after my congratulations email.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • HumbeHumbe Member Posts: 202
    It took me about 4 weeks to receive the certificate itself back when I got it.

Best of luck.
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Now i've joined this waiting list.. employers need to have proof.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    rhaynal wrote: »
    Yep, Done with the endorsement. Here is a portion of the email they sent back:

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]Certificate/ID Number: 479667
    Cycle Start Date: Apr 01, 2014
    Cycle End Date: Mar 31, 2017
    [/FONT]
    Dear Richard Haynal,

"Congratulations! It gives me great pleasure to be the first to address you with the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) designation!
    [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Based upon your examination results, a review of your application and acceptance of your endorsement, the (ISC)2 Board of Directors award you with the CISSP Certification. Your ID card and certificate will be shipped to the address above within eight weeks."

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]I know it says 8 weeks but by that time my management will have forgot that I even sat for the test. I was hoping it would, in [/FONT]actuality[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif], it would be a lot sooner.[/FONT][/FONT]

The email doesn't mean you are endorsed. You actually have to fill out the endorsement application form and have another (ISC)2 member in good standing sign the form and then they have to send it in with a copy of your resume. Did you do this part?

Also, if you already did that, then just tell your employer that it is now out of your hand and just show them the process and how it works and they will understand.