One week to go...

imthatguyimthatguy Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have one week until I sit the CISSP exam, and was hoping I could gain some advice. To give a little background, let me explain my study efforts and situation. I have been studying for the CISSP on and off for the last year, and have only been seriously studying for the last month. Here is a summary of what I have used to study:

Shon Harris AIO (Read ENTIRE book and completed all quizzes)
Eric Conrad CISSP Study Guide ("")
Eric Conrad 11th Hour ("")
ISC2 CBK (Skimmed)
CBT Nuggets CISSP videos
Mc-Graw Hill questions and MP3s (scoring ~80%)
CCCure Questions (1000+ questions ~80%)
ISC2 CISSP CBK Review Seminar (scored 76% on 125q sample test and 75% to 90% on all end of domain quizzes)

So, I am taking the exam next Sat the 23rd, but I am having trouble trying to stay motivated to keep studying. I know I need to keep working on the areas I am weakest in, but it is hard to stay focused! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck to you. Looks like you have the skills and the other certs.
  • EasyPeezyEasyPeezy Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Review your answering techniques and exam strategy... and you are more than ready. Best of luck.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good luck to you! I took it last week, but didn't pass. Trying again in November.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    Keep doing practice questions. Typically people who have passed the exam were in the 85%+ range. Make sure not to study much if at all on the day prior to the exam.
  • imthatguyimthatguy Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, guys! I really appreciate your help!
    Okay, so it is the day before the exam...I feel fairly confident in my knowledge, but am stressing...what did you guys do the day before the exam? I've been trying to review using 11th hour, but I just can't concentrate. Any advice?
  • Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    Here's a link that might help. It's advice on what to do the day before the exam:

CISSP for Dean Bushmiller’s Students » The exam Before and During

It's short, so let me just summarize: the night before the exam - DO NOT CRAM! Relax, go for a walk, give you brain a break.

I know some people will think this is crazy. They study sitting in the car right before they walk into the test center. That wouldn't work for me and based on the fact that you can't concentrate any longer, I'd say you consider putting the material away and relaxing.

Look - at this point, how much new information can you possibly retain in your already saturated grey matter? Memory research has already shown cramming is the most inefficient way of retaining info. So relax. Go shoot some hoops (that's what I'll do the night before I take my exam), play your kids, watch a movie.

Best of luck tomorrow!
    Thanks for tip (s)! I ended up just relaxing and watching TV and passed the exam yesterday!
  • ExpectExpect Member Posts: 252 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well done! congrats
  • lolo974lolo974 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!!
  • papadocpapadoc Member Posts: 154
    Congratulations on your pass!
  • EasyPeezyEasyPeezy Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□