CCNP Security course order?

KRYSSKRYSS Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

which order are you suppose to take the courses?

Should you just follow the numbering or is some other order more logical?

300-208 SISAS Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solutions (SISAS)
300-206 SENSS Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions (SENSS)
300-209 SIMOS Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions (SIMOS)
300-207 SITCS Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions (SITCS)

Kind Regards
K

Comments

• colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    As far as I know, they can be taken in any order, although I would think that Cisco has some kind of logic in how they are numbered. I don't believe they specifically build off each other, to a degree that would impact the order, but others may chime in and tell me I'm full of it. :)
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    colemic wrote: »
    As far as I know, they can be taken in any order, although I would think that Cisco has some kind of logic in how they are numbered. I don't believe they specifically build off each other, to a degree that would impact the order, but others may chime in and tell me I'm full of it. :)

colemic is correct in that there is no inherent order to the exams even though the exams are numbered sequentially.

The order I did it in is this, but there's also other ways to order it too.

SENSS (For general ASA and device security practices)
    SIMOS (For leveraging the VPN capabilities in the ASA and other devices you learned about in SENSS)
    SISAS (Learn how to implement 802.1X, implies an understanding of IOS devices in order to be able to deploy 802.1X)
    SITCS (Next-gen firewalls, context-aware security, leverages what you learned in SENSS and the rest of the series)

Or maybe perhaps:

SENSS (For general ASA and device security practices)
    SIMOS (For leveraging the VPN capabilities in the ASA and other devices you learned about in SENSS)
    SITCS (With the ASA fresh in your mind, learn about next-gen ASA)
    SISAS
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University