Going for the CCNP

13»

Comments

• fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    Don't forget to study things that are on the tshoot blueprint but not on route or switch, like NAT and DHCP.
  • tomtom1tomtom1 Member Posts: 375
    Did a bigger lab today which touched on some redistribution, NAT, and BGP (default routing). I'm getting ready to speed the TSHOOT up a bit since I'm looking for job entries back into the networking world. I'm going to do some more redistribution labs later today and practice some GRE tunneling. We're getting there :)
    fredrikjj wrote: »
    Don't forget to study things that are on the tshoot blueprint but not on route or switch, like NAT and DHCP.

Thanks, but luckily I have some real world experience with these topics which I can draw upon.
    Wanted to take a moment to update the topic and report the CCNP as complete. I took TSHOOT this morning and building upon my knowledge of the ROUTE and SWITCH topics, it was like a walk in the part. A special thank you goes out to my buddies Danielh22185 and OfWolfAndMan who ran this marathon with me. OfWolfAndMan finished up earlier this week and I'm positive Daniel will succeed for his SWITCH exam and will ace TSHOOT too!

What's next:
    Since I have knowledge of both the virtualization field and the networking field now, VCP-NV seems like an option. However, I do have my eyes set on the CCIE, and since that is an enormous mountain, once cannot start quick enough. Since I'm posting this in the networking section, how do you guys feel about SDN?
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    tomtom1 wrote: »
    Wanted to take a moment to update the topic and report the CCNP as complete. I took TSHOOT this morning and building upon my knowledge of the ROUTE and SWITCH topics, it was like a walk in the part. A special thank you goes out to my buddies Danielh22185 and OfWolfAndMan who ran this marathon with me. OfWolfAndMan finished up earlier this week and I'm positive Daniel will succeed for his SWITCH exam and will ace TSHOOT too!

What's next:
    Since I have knowledge of both the virtualization field and the networking field now, VCP-NV seems like an option. However, I do have my eyes set on the CCIE, and since that is an enormous mountain, once cannot start quick enough. Since I'm posting this in the networking section, how do you guys feel about SDN?

Congats!! Would you consider take any other CCNP tracks before moving onto CCIE?
  • ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCNP as complete.
    Congrats mate!! That's great news!! I've been reading through many of your CCNP posts, and it's definitely well deserved!!
    Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats tomtom!!!! Well deserved. Go have a drink! I'll get a head start :)
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job, man! I was waiting for that post! If you do decide to pursue VCP-NV, let me know because that looked interesting! Also, good luck on your future studies, and you know where to find a study buddy!
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
    Good job, man! I was waiting for that post! If you do decide to pursue VCP-NV, let me know because that looked interesting! Also, good luck on your future studies, and you know where to find a study buddy!

The quest has started here. Essendon, another (study) buddy is in with me. You're welcome to join, however, some basic vSphere knowledge won't do you any harm :)
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats to ya man! Thanks too for being helpful to me in my studies as well. Hopefully I will knock out Switch soon!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Congrats on your NP pass mate. Thanks for sharing your experience and study methods, I'm completing my NP Switch currently and I found it helpful how you summarised each topic with explanations and commands!

Thanks, and good luck with the rest of your studies! :)
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
    bharvey92 wrote: »
    Congrats on your NP pass mate. Thanks for sharing your experience and study methods, I'm completing my NP Switch currently and I found it helpful how you summarised each topic with explanations and commands!

Thanks, and good luck with the rest of your studies! :)

Nice to know you found it helpful. Wish I did the same for ROUTE.