Cissp exam in two weeks

superr007superr007 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I read Eric 11th hour Book and now reading CISSP practice by S.Rao Vallabhaneni.
Is it ok for the exam ?icon_wink.gif

Regards

Comments

• WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    If those are your only two sources I would think again about taking the exam..The test is unlike any other and even though you are CCIE, not sure if you are prepared for the "all 4 answers" look right experience of the CISSP... You have to go with the best answer and unfortunately sometimes it is hard to determine the "best" answer just from reading a couple books.. I am assuming you have a ton of experience in Security Management?
  • imthatguyimthatguy Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree with WilliamK99, in that, you'll definitely need broader coverage of the domains--I would advise to reconsider your exam date, unless you can speak to each topic in each of the domains, and be able to answer several questions (conceptually and technically) around them. I would also advise picking up Eric Conrad's CISSP Study Guide or Shon Harris's AIO. 11th Hour is best suited for the week or a few days before the exam to refresh and ensure you can understand the topics presented. If nothing within the books seems unfamiliar, then I would say you could possibly be ready.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    As the guys have said it's all relative depending on experience and comprehension of the domains. One, two, three, 4 books mean nothing. We have guys here who took the exam with just one book and passed. Others have used tons of books and CBTs and failed. There's no magic formula.

As JDMurray said: "A better indication that you are ready for the exam is when you can give a 30-second speech on each topic in each domain of the CISSP CBK. "
  • superr007superr007 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone for ur advice :) .I postponded to Sept 3 week ;) ,almost completed S Rao book .Now started Shon Harris Practice Exams and Michael Gregg Cram and for any doubts i'm checking google :)

Out of 250 Qns how many we need to get thru ?
  • TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The questions are not equally weighed. You need 700 points to pass, out of total 1000. If we do assume that all questions are equally marked and scored, then:

Total Questions: 250
    Non Scored Questions: 25
    Scored Questions: 225
    Questions to Pass: 225 x 70% = 157.5
    Total Time Per Question: 86.4 Seconds

Note that you don't know, which questions will be scored and which ones are from those 25 non scored questions. Therefore, you will have to give equal importance to all 250 questions.
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • ExpectExpect Member Posts: 252 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Eric conrad's 11th hour does not cover everything there is, I dont know the other book you're using but I can assure you that it's probably not enough.

AIO is a good book, make sure you also quiz a lot before the exam.

Good luck, I have mine 5 days after you. :)
  • WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    Expect wrote: »
    Eric conrad's 11th hour does not cover everything there is, I dont know the other book you're using but I can assure you that it's probably not enough.

AIO is a good book, make sure you also quiz a lot before the exam.

Good luck, I have mine 5 days after you. :)

What material are you using? Would be good information for the OP.