Network+ Pass!

chipcreepchipcreep Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
I forgot to post on here about my pass! On Friday, August 15th, I passed the Network+ exam. My score was not great and I personally that it was harder than expected. But nonetheless, I passed and I was excited for how little experience I have.

My study materials are as follows:
Network+ Guide to Networks by Tamara Dean
Exam Cram Network+ by Emmett Dulaney and Michael Harwood
Professor Messer videos
CBT Nuggets videos with Keith Barker

Here shortly I plan on studying for the Security+. Thanks everyone for the advice and good luck to everyone else who plans on taking it!

Comments

• liverpool.bdaliverpool.bda Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I am sitting it on September 8th, is there anything different you would have done in your preparation?
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

Good luck with Security+
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
  • Blade3DBlade3D Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I just passed Security+, good luck.
    Title: Sr. Systems Designer
    Degree: B.S. in Computing Science, emphasis Information Assurance
    Certifications: CISSP, PSP, Network+, Security+, CySA+, OSWP
  • Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Congrats on the pass!! I'm taking my Network+ exam this Saturday! Wish me luck! I'm using the Exam Cram + Practice questions from the included CD.

Justin
  • Binary FreakBinary Freak Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    chipcreep wrote:
    X
    Congratulations on passing the exam! icon_thumright.gif
  • chipcreepchipcreep Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone!

liverpool.bda, I'm not sure if there is anything I would have done differently. It might be a good idea to make sure you have a firm grasp on subnetting. I only went so far with it thinking they wouldn't quiz me too hard on it but I am willing to bet I got the subnetting questions wrong. Good luck, though! If you've studied all of the topics, you should do fine.