The pressure is on!

ajd86ajd86 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
So, I took SEC504 vLive several months back (almost 4 now), and put studying on hold due to life circumstances (insane workload, home remodel etc.). I logged into my SANS account yesterday and realized that my GCIH exam challenge expires on August 29. Looks like I have less than 2 weeks to study for GCIH. Wish me luck! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Comments

• docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Living on the edge. Good luck. Depending on your comfort with the material, this might not be as bad as it sounds.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • ajd86ajd86 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    docrice wrote: »
    Living on the edge. Good luck. Depending on your comfort with the material, this might not be as bad as it sounds.

Thanks! I'm pretty comfortable with IR principles and many of the tools, but I worry about my ability to make a comprehensive index in such short order. If anything, the pressure will force me to hit the books and try to knock this thing out.
  • CyberfiSecurityCyberfiSecurity Member Posts: 184
    ajd86 wrote: »
    Thanks! I'm pretty comfortable with IR principles and many of the tools, but I worry about my ability to make a comprehensive index in such short order. If anything, the pressure will force me to hit the books and try to knock this thing out.

Make sure doing the index, do your best... Good Luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vice President | Citigroup, Inc.
    President/CEO | Agility Fidelis, Inc.
  • ajd86ajd86 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I pulled it off... passed the GCIH with a 90%! I surprised myself, because I was studying until literally the last minute, and didn't even have time to take a practice exam. Overall, a very fair exam.
  • docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    There you go. Made it into the 90% range. Not bad for rushing. It's part of the thrill, although I don't recommend you do this last-minute madness thing going forward.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • klevdavklevdav Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ive got a month more to prep for the gsec 401 i need to get more practice exams and more practice taking these tests in general.