Got the job

okieokie Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
After interviewing with 7 companies I have been offered what i think is the ideal job. I was hired by a physicians group in Oklahoma as the IT Manager. I will supervise one employee and will handle network administration, design, and support. I was told that they hired me primarily becuase of the breadth of my experience (routing, switching, pc-tech, AD, GP, PBX, Exchange, etc) and my personality.

They have approx. 125 employees, 85 computers, and a dozen or so servers hosting various apps and dbases.

It pays 47,400/year and is a salaried position. Salary will be reviewed every Jan. and they offer benefits and a 401K at 3% match (though they say they are going to bump that up by one or two points).

Just thought someone else in the Oklahoma area might be interested.

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Excellent job! It goes to show that just because you do not get hired by one company that another does not have any interest!
  • Go BucksGo Bucks Member Posts: 152
    Congrats on the job. This type of position could lead to even bigger and better things for you down the road. IT Manager sure looks good on a resume. icon_thumright.gif
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."
  • frankj1247frankj1247 Member Posts: 111
    That's impressive, 47K in Oklahoma is equivalent to 70K or more in New Jersey!!!

Congrats!!!
  • binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    Congrats!!!!

Pls bring us coffee and donoughts :)

Keep up the spirit.