Time stops while reading this book

bobloblawbobloblaw Member Posts: 228
I'm two chapters in and I can say that this seems like the longest day of my life. I thought Risk Management and BCP/DRP were boring. Wow. This is next level boring. I'm hoping this thing is just memorizing new terms and then associating it all with the concepts. Wish me luck. This is going to take some healthy concentration.

Comments

• EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    Yeah the project+ test is about 90% vocab words and 10% theory. When I did for WGU I fell asleep reading so many times I couldn't tell you.
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I read the Sybex book for the 2003 version of the exam back in the day and it was a bore fest. Surprisingly I found reading agile project management books more interesting.
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took Proj+ long ago as well. I learned some good basics on the terminology and theory, but it definitely is a bit of a bore compared to other IT topics. And I don't plan to be a PMP, or heavy Project Manager role, so it was a good basic certification to help me learn some foundations. Keep pressing onwards.
  • bobloblawbobloblaw Member Posts: 228
    Passed. 789 (710 is passing). I drug my feet horribly on this exam.

My only advice is to schedule the exam within 2 weeks after you finish the book. I read this book ~5-6 months ago, and my retention clearly wasn't too high.
  • GeeLoGeeLo Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats to you! I know the feeling.. that project management terms can make your head explode!
    Vendor Neutral Certified in IT Project Management, Security, Servers, Workstations, Software, Networking, Windows, Unix and Linux and.. Cloud. :-)
  • GlynixxGlynixx Member Posts: 138
    congrats on the pass! Was the only resource you used the Sybex book? Do you think it was overly difficult or was the book enough to get you thru it?

I'm 1/2 way thru chapter 1 and I've restarted in a couple of times already icon_sad.gif

ty!
    Check out www.manager-tools.com for some great management training for free!
  • bobloblawbobloblaw Member Posts: 228
    Book was plenty.
  • mokaibamokaiba Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you have a pdf of the book, copy the text into a text to speech program then convert it to mp3 and listen to it as an audiobook. :)