My first CCNP GNS3 Lab

Scorp6Scorp6 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, boring for most of you I'm sure but today I did my first CCNP lab in GNS3! icon_cheers.gif All it was was four routers with one connected to a switch for a network. I configured them all with eigrp (single AS) and got that working without any issues at all. Then I played with the interfaces and paid attention to the topology table and routing table updates as interfaces were shut and no shut. Interesting stuff although to get a good feel for it, I want to add more routers and more paths. I saw a few good examples in the FLG that I want to emulate.

Finally, when I was bored with that I made a key chain for each router and enabled md5 authentication on each interface. It was cool to see the AUTH-FAILED messages after configuring one side of a point-to-point link.

Next I want to expand on that topology, like I said with more routers, and mess with the link speeds to force eigrp to pick the faster path even if it's more hops.

Unfortunately, I didn't run into any issues. I feel that the BEST way to learn this kind of stuff is to trouble shoot a problem. I'm sure as my labs get more robust I will have plenty!

I know my journey has just begun and I have so much to learn but just starting and tinkering in GNS3 let me know that I have many sleepless nights of labbing in my future.

Now, for the OSPF chapter...icon_study.gif

Comments

• jaymojaymo Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice work, keep it up. How's OSPF going?
  • Scorp6Scorp6 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you! Chapter on ospf is complete and wasn't bad at all. Life and work took a front seat for a bit but I will be doing an ospf lab over the next couple of days. I'm excited to see all the different LSA types and excited that the ospf lab will be more involved. I will probably use my current eigrp topology and add it to an NSSA. Lot of excitement!