can the employer record an interview?

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
Have you heard an employer actually audio recording an actual interview? I'm just curious about this.

Comments

• BubbaJBubbaJ Member Posts: 323
    That's probably not something they would want to do. When it comes to lawsuits, the less evidence the better.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It isn't that far fetched. I know recruiters sometimes record their phone contacts with potential recruits so they can go back and extract useful information from the conversation to have something useful to present to an employer.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Technical interviews are often recorded. I have had at least one recorded in Illinois and New York. It is also common practice for schools at least out here in California.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    In Oregon, the law is that all parties have to be aware the interview is being recorded and that the recording device is in plain site to all parties. However, I have not ever heard of this for job interviews.
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    same for here as well @tek
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    So long as I know my voice is being recorded, I am ok.