How can I convince otherwise?

Binary FreakBinary Freak Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm not sure if this is the right section, but I'd consider it genericicon_lol.gif

Okay, so I've recently just finished college (HS in US), midway through completing my CCNA, and have asked the university (that I will be attending) whether I can register for CCNP classes in the second year, I was denied, being told that CCNP is only available to those enrolled on postgraduate courses.

Is there any way that I can convince the lecturer/instructor to allow me on the course? Or should I not be considering a CCNP until I've gotten experience? Or should I just use the classical self study approach?

Finally, what are your recommendations for after my CCNA (certification wise of course)? icon_profileleft.gif

Thanks,

-Binary Freak icon_cool.gif

Comments

• MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For your own sake, I'd put it off until you get a job where you're going to actually be using the information. There is no professional reason to take it this early if you have no experience.
  • Binary FreakBinary Freak Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MSP-IT wrote: »
    For your own sake, I'd put it off until you get a job where you're going to actually be using the information. There is no professional reason to take it this early if you have no experience.

So I should consider getting more Associate level certifications? Such as Voice, and Security once I'm done with the CCNA?
  • kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    What do you want to do and what will you be using?
    There are microsoft, linux, comptia, systems, servers, cloud, virtual, security, forensics, IPS/IDS and more - certs out there.
    See what can you use and will benefit you right now, grab that.
    meh