Options

Passed ICND1 Today!

Glyphic83Glyphic83 Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
After a few months of studying I finally passed ICND1 today with a 907. I used Wendel Odom's book, Chris Bryant's videos and the Boson simulator and practice tests. Thanks to everyone who posts on the forums here. This site has been very helpful throughout my studies. On to ICND2!

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    chronos42chronos42 Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    tuleeohtuleeoh Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good work! Good luck with ICND2
  • Options
  • Options
    emazemaz Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! I will be taking it in 3 weeks, would you have any insight on what areas they hit you hard with?
  • Options
    emaz wrote: »
    Congrats!! I will be taking it in 3 weeks, would you have any insight on what areas they hit you hard with?

I got a lot of questions about how switches would handle frames in specific scenarios. It's also a really good idea to be proficient in subnetting. I found subnetting.net to be particularly helpful for this. Being confident with subnetting will allow you to blow through those questions in a few seconds, so you can take your time with the sims.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Options
    emazemaz Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great, thanks!
  • Options
    RLGray61RLGray61 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just started, I'm mixing ICND1 with fulltime classes. It's good to hear someone passed...Congrats!!!
  • Options
    IvvanIvvan Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello, in two weeks I present the CCENT exam, you could you give me a tip, or go deeper issues?
  • Options
    juicyjay36juicyjay36 Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Ivvan wrote: »
    Hello, in two weeks I present the CCENT exam, you could you give me a tip, or go deeper issues?

Hi Ivvan,
    There really isn't any one "tip" that will make the difference between passing and failing. It's all about just making sure you understand the concepts. If you're confident with subnetting, you can identify how traffic will flow through a network when looking at a diagram (e.g. what's the source mac going to be after traffic flows from host A to host B, passing through a switch and a router along the way?), and you understand OSPF concepts, you'll do just fine.
    If you can afford to spend the money on them, Boson practice exams are very helpful and will boost your confidence before you sit for the real thing. Subnetting.net and freeccnaworkbook.com also have free practice exams available that can help you gauge if you're ready.
  • Options
    WolvendeerWolvendeer Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass.

Glyphic83 wrote: »
    Hi Ivvan,
    There really isn't any one "tip" that will make the difference between passing and failing. It's all about just making sure you understand the concepts. If you're confident with subnetting, you can identify how traffic will flow through a network when looking at a diagram (e.g. what's the source mac going to be after traffic flows from host A to host B, passing through a switch and a router along the way?), and you understand OSPF concepts, you'll do just fine.
    If you can afford to spend the money on them, Boson practice exams are very helpful and will boost your confidence before you sit for the real thing. Subnetting.net and freeccnaworkbook.com also have free practice exams available that can help you gauge if you're ready.

This. Know your basic show commands, know how data passes through switches and routers, what constitutes broadcast and collision domains, and know how to subnet, you'll do fine. Also, know your OSPF and wildcard masks. When you go into the exams, it'll help you with your time management if you make a list of CIDR masks, subnet masks, and their increments so you'll quickly be able to translate between them.