Microsoft exams are available at Pearson Vue

Just a reminder, as of today, any Microsoft exam (including MTAs which are taken through Certiport) can be taken at a Pearson center, and Prometric will be phased out entirely by early next year.

Microsoft Testing with Pearson VUE

Comments

• srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thank God. I've been waiting for this day for years.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • keitarokeitaro Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good to hear. Been doing all my Comptia testing at a really nice testing site that has individual rooms, A/C, lots of parking and a friendly staff. I'm glad that I can now take Microsoft certs there, too :D
  • aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Finally!
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • jem7skjem7sk Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Didn't MS cancel their relationship with Pearson just a few years ago?
  • anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's about time!
  • RINTI1012RINTI1012 Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    why my microsoft id from pearson vue is different?
  • BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i honestly never had a problem with Prometric. I've taken a few M$ tests there, plus my GRE, and everything went smooth...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • BosskBossk Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My only problem with Prometric was the 80 mile round trip to the nearest test site. There are only a handful in the entire state. I like being 5 minutes away from my primary Pearson test site, it gives me so much more flexibility in scheduling.
  • anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I like this because the Certiport centers I used are only open from 10am to 2pm Monday through Friday, which is very inconvenient. But luckily, the Prometric center I use is also a Pearson testing center, and they're open Monday through Saturday, 8am to 4pm.
  • BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    another thing, i'm lookin @ Pearson's site, and all i see are locations that are "schools"....at least Prometric had an official Prometric site by me(which is where i went for my tests), along with locations that are schools as well...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    I'm going to sound like a nerd here but I like Pearson testing centers because the ones by me at all colleges, so I get to chat with all the women before I take the class. There all normally hot nursing students. :P icon_bounce.gificon_twisted.gif
  • nosoup4unosoup4u Member Posts: 365
    The nerds I know don't go around talking to hot nursing students! icon_study.gif
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ratbuddy wrote: »
    Just a reminder, as of today, any Microsoft exam (including MTAs which are taken through Certiport) can be taken at a Pearson center, and Prometric will be phased out entirely by early next year.

Microsoft Testing with Pearson VUE
    Finally. It's about time. I may start that after Linux+.
    Deathmage wrote: »
    I'm going to sound like a nerd here but I like Pearson testing centers because the ones by me at all colleges, so I get to chat with all the women before I take the class. There all normally hot nursing students. :P icon_bounce.gificon_twisted.gif

At least now I don't feel like the only one icon_lol.gif
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • PDFOURPDFOUR Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So, I just visited Prometric's website and it says the following: "[]As of January 1st, 2015, Prometric will no longer deliver Microsoft certification exams. If you would like to take an exam either today (December 30th, 2014), or tomorrow (December 31st, 2014), please contact yourPrometric Regional Contact Center or contact your local Prometric Test Center directly.[]After December 31st, 2014 if you wish to take a Microsoft certification exam, please visit the Microsoft Learning web site for further information."

This is awful in my opinion. Do any of you know other vendors who provide Microsoft Exams?

Sorry if this has been posted already, I did not see it anywhere on the msg board. ( And yes I tried searching lol.)
  • KrusaderKrusader Member Posts: 109
    Pearson Vue now look after the MS Exams
    Microsoft :: Pearson VUE
    2018 Goals
    AWS & Linux Knowledge
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Discussed back in July: http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcsa-mcse-windows-2012-general/102220-microsoft-****-prometric.html

As mentioned above, it's all Pearson Vue now. Why do you consider it awful?
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm sure MS switching to Pearson Vue had something to do with money. I have used both Pearson Vue and Prometric and did not see any real advantage or disadvantage to either one.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Discussed back in July: http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcsa-mcse-windows-2012-general/102220-microsoft-****-prometric.html

As mentioned above, it's all Pearson Vue now. Why do you consider it awful?

I agree makes it more streamlined and easy for our certification needs. ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I think it's a good change. I have had limited Prometric experience and a lot more experience with Pearson but with my own experience I found that Pearson hands down is the nicer/better testing center. Not to mention that a lot of universities have Pearson testing so that opens the door to many more testing centers. I know just around Tampa or Jacksonville there are way more Pearson testing centers because of that reason.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Meh, it's the same testing center, I'll just sit on the other side of the room next time. My AWS exam was delivered by Kryterion and that was also at the same site.