Options

2nd interview, Do's and Don'ts

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
I had an interview and I believe it went well. The next step is to meet with senior managment and I believe there is going to be an interviewer through video confernencing as well. It seems more of a behavioral interview although that's my assumption.

<>What should be my strategy at the interview, remember this isn't a tecnical interview?

<>What should I NOT do at this type of interview?

Comments

• Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't pick your nose in front of the camera. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    This is a senior systems analyst position resolving problems on distributed systems, mostly remotely as the company is scattered across North America.
    Is this for the same position? Maybe they want to know how you behave 'remotely'...
    It seems more of a behavioral interview although that's my assumption.
    Well, you 'could' ask them for more info about the interview prior to the interview.
    What should be my strategy at the interview, remember this isn't a tecnical interview?
    Be yourself. Be concise, and direct but modest.
    What should I NOT do at this type of interview?
    Don't try 'too' hard.

Just my 2 cents. I never had a separate 'behavioral interview'.

Good luck!
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Did they tell you you were getting a 2nd interview?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    Well, you 'could' ask them for more info about the interview prior to the interview.

At the first interview, there was so many questions I asked and forgot to ask what the 2nd interview would be about
    Did they tell you you were getting a 2nd interview?

They explained the next step would be to meet with senior managment, so that would be an interview. So 95% I've made it to 2nd stage unless my luck is icon_sad.gif

[/quote]