Need help in deciding which certification to go for next

monarkmonark Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have my A+, Network+, and Security+, but I would like to decide which Comp TIA certification I could perhaps pursue next that would renew the certs that I already got.

Comments

• jaywalkerjaywalker Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    To my knowledge, CompTIA certifications will be renewed individually. Perhaps you should ask yourself what you'd like to do from here? Networking, Security, Sys administration? The list goes on but narrowing down your choices will help clear things up.

Maybe you were thinking of Cisco's renewal model -- You can get your lower-end certs renewed by passing a higher-end cert.

i.e. Getting your CCNA renews your CCENT and so on.
    Goals for 2015: ICND1 [], ICND2 []

..........:cheers:
    A winner is you
  • 10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @jaywalker: Sorry man you may be misinformed. > CompTIA Continuing Education Program Passing a higher level CompTIA exam will renew lower ones. As will passing some other vendor exams. Such as passing CCNA Security to renew your Security+ which in turn renews your other lower CompTIA exams as well. ;)
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • jaywalkerjaywalker Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's true, and I totally disregarded the CE Program. Can you renew your CompTIA certs without the "maintenance fees" shown here?
    Goals for 2015: ICND1 [], ICND2 []

..........:cheers:
    A winner is you
  • monarkmonark Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For example, if I was to obtain my Storage+, will this effectively renew the A+, N+, and S+?
  • TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 140
    monark wrote: »
    For example, if I was to obtain my Storage+, will this effectively renew the A+, N+, and S+?

Correct.
    50 CEUs required for Security+ certification renewal.

Renewing Through Achieving Other Certifications
    Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
    2015 COLOR=#008000]X[/COLOR | 2016 COLOR=#ff8c00]In progress[/COLOR | 2017 | 2018
  • arrogantbastardarrogantbastard Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You'd probably be better off picking a discipline and choosing a reputable vendor cert in that field. CCNA/JNCIA for networking, ms server certs or a red hat cert for systems, VMware for virtualization, CCNA voice or security, etc.