PASSED Second attempt

Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
Well, I finally did it. Took the exam this afternoon and passed with an 803. Seems to be a popular score.

I found a few questions I recognized similar or exactly the same as my first attempt. Some questions I didn't know I needed to know, such as organizations that developed policy guidelines. When at the beginning of the exam I saw the list of registered (copyrighted) terms, I said 'Uh oh'.

As I mentioned before, I used Sybex, then after the first attempt started using Syngress and of course TechExams. I also used MeasureUp. MeasureUp helped some, but they could have a bigger base of questions. Still, I was starting to do well on those questions so that boosted my confidence. But something told me that the MeasureUp questions might be too easy compared to what's in the exam.

This is the kind of test that should have a list of what trivia you really need to know and might be tested. Objectives are good, but you can go as deep or shallow as you want for any given objective.

But it is done. Next I am scheduled for 2 classes for SCNP for the first 2 full weeks in August. Part of the training package included working with a career counseling service, so I think now is the time to begin that process.

Comments

• jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude..........
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    I also remember the list of copyrighted terms. I simply used them to recall what to right down, since most were program names.

Congrats!!
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    It's a little late to see that list at exam time!
    Yea well I actually recall not using any of what I wrote down for the exam....I didn't even need to glance at it.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats, Danman32!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • DragonNOA1DragonNOA1 Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Vask3n wrote:
    I also remember the list of copyrighted terms. I simply used them to recall what to right down, since most were program names.

What is this list of copyrighted terms you talk about? I don't know anything about this. Do you have a link to some more info? TIA.
    The command line, an elegant weapon for a more civilized age
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Danman! Way to go!
    DragonNOA1 wrote:
    What is this list of copyrighted terms you talk about? I don't know anything about this. Do you have a link to some more info? TIA.

It's in the main screen before you click "start" It basically says CompTIA Security+, and under, there is a list such as...

PGP is copyright of.....
    SSH is copyright of....

I didn't remember this for A+. but A+ was completely vendor neutral.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats dude :)
    I had a guy I was helping sit the exam and was outside with the proctor while he was taking it - when he seen that copyright stuff he yelled out and called me all sorts of names for not warning him. The proctor and I cracked up and he apologised profusely when he came out icon_lol.gif He thought he was going to get tested on that stuff icon_wink.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
    Well, wasn't he? In my case, all those terms were potential answers.
  • DragonNOA1DragonNOA1 Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Vask3n wrote:
    DragonNOA1 wrote:

It's in the main screen before you click "start" It basically says CompTIA Security+, and under, there is a list such as...

PGP is copyright of.....
    SSH is copyright of....

I didn't remember this for A+. but A+ was completely vendor neutral.

So you're saying I have to know the companies that made certain products?
    The command line, an elegant weapon for a more civilized age
    No, just the products.