Wireshark

Ryuksapple84Ryuksapple84 Member Posts: 183
I need to brush up on wireshark asap and was wondering if there are free resources available that you guys use to learn.

Thanks in advance fellas.
Eating humble pie.

Comments

• RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    I barely know Wireshark myself, check the CBT Nugget out from Keith barker on Wireshark and install it and play with it against something like GNS3
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • arrogantbastardarrogantbastard Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    not quite sure what you mean by know it, t's relatively straight forward. With basic knowledge of tcp/ip and how networks work, and a little while getting familiar with the interface, you should be able to figure out whatever you need to know.
  • xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The more advanced things in wireshark is stuff like applying very specific filters etc..

Not sure what you're asking really
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Ryuksapple84Ryuksapple84 Member Posts: 183
    I have worked with Wireshark before but this is in regards to an interview. I have found some videos for Wireshark University so I will go through those for the specifics.
    Eating humble pie.
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I believe CBT Nuggets has a Wireshark series, but CBT Nuggets is quite expensive ($99/month).

Wireshark Video Training Online | CBT Nuggets

I've never watched them, so I can't say if they're any good or not.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    I'm sure a quick Youtube search will present you with what you will need. Also I'm sure Wireshark provide documentation when you download the install.
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • MinaryMinary Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This book is written by the guy who invented wireshark:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireshark-101-Essential-Analysis-Solutions/dp/1893939723/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411376504&sr=8-1&keywords=wireshark+book

They also do traing here:
    Wireshark University

I heard about this in an interview on packetpushers podcast. Look for the episode on wireshark.