CRISC Change for 2015

RaystafarianRaystafarian Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anyone have any insight into the changes that will occur for the CRISC certification? From here:
Notice: A new CRISC job practice is effective with the June 2015 CRISC exam administration. Requirements to become CRISC-certified will also change for those who pass the exam from June 2015 and forward. Candidates who pass the CRISC exam will need to submit evidence of three (3) years cumulative work experience performing the tasks of a CRISC professional across at least two (2) of the four (4) new domains. Of these 2 required domains, one must be in either Domain 1 or 2. We encourage candidates who have been studying from the current CRISC Job Practice to register for the upcoming December exam, as the June 2015 exam will be based on the new CRISC Job Practice.

For reference, here is the current experience requirements
A minimum of at least three (3) years of cumulative work experience performing the tasks of a CRISC professional across at least three (3) CRISC domains is required for certification. There are no substitutions or experience waivers.

I was unaware of this until today; it's of interest because a change in the domains/test will decrease the amount of strategy available for the exam. Already there is hardly any strategy available.

Job Practice Areas 2014
Domain 1—Risk Identification, Assessment and Evaluation (31%)
Domain 2—Risk Response (17%)
Domain 3—Risk Monitoring (17%)
Domain 4—Information Systems Control Design and Implementation (17%)
Domain 5—IS Control Monitoring and Maintenance (18%)

Job Practice Areas 2015
Domain 1—Risk Identification (27%)
Domain 2—Risk Assessment (28%)
Domain 3—Risk Response and Mitigation (23%)
Domain 4—Risk and Control Monitoring and Reporting (22%)

Would it be worth it to push to take the 2014 exam prior to the changes?
Hit me up on LinkedIn - just mention you're from techexams.

Comments

• SecMan3000SecMan3000 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Anyone have any insight into the changes that will occur for the CRISC certification? From here:

For reference, here is the current experience requirements

I was unaware of this until today; it's of interest because a change in the domains/test will decrease the amount of strategy available for the exam. Already there is hardly any strategy available.

Job Practice Areas 2014
    Domain 1—Risk Identification, Assessment and Evaluation (31%)
    Domain 2—Risk Response (17%)
    Domain 3—Risk Monitoring (17%)
    Domain 4—Information Systems Control Design and Implementation (17%)
    Domain 5—IS Control Monitoring and Maintenance (18%)

Job Practice Areas 2015
    Domain 1—Risk Identification (27%)
    Domain 2—Risk Assessment (28%)
    Domain 3—Risk Response and Mitigation (23%)
    Domain 4—Risk and Control Monitoring and Reporting (22%)

Would it be worth it to push to take the 2014 exam prior to the changes?

Interesting....seems like a restructuring of the domains and the removal of "Information Systems Control Design and Implementation". It might be wise to take the 2014 test, as you mentioned less strategy will be available for the new test. However, check the forum out because when I wrote the CRISC in June 2014 there was a lot of criticism of the exam questions. Perhaps it will get better in 2015? Who knows!
  • RaystafarianRaystafarian Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SecMan3000 wrote: »
    Interesting....seems like a restructuring of the domains and the removal of "Information Systems Control Design and Implementation". It might be wise to take the 2014 test, as you mentioned less strategy will be available for the new test. However, check the forum out because when I wrote the CRISC in June 2014 there was a lot of criticism of the exam questions. Perhaps it will get better in 2015? Who knows!

I would think that restructuring the domains would end up in a restructuring of the entire exam, hopefully making it more "reasonable" as some would put it. I've not taken it so I can't comment on that.
    Hit me up on LinkedIn - just mention you're from techexams.
  • SecMan3000SecMan3000 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would think that restructuring the domains would end up in a restructuring of the entire exam, hopefully making it more "reasonable" as some would put it. I've not taken it so I can't comment on that.

The questions might not necessarily change though. It could be the same questions (minus the domain that seems to be removed) just rearranged and weighted differently according to the new domains. It's the questions that people had issue with. My guess is that it would make little difference taking it in 2014 or 2015. If you were able to pass the CISA, you should have no issue with the CRISC, IMO.