Options

Distribute-list is a CCNA objective?

mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
So, I'm close to taking the ICND2 exam, and as usual I purchased Boson's practice exam.

Here's one of the questions:

I have never heard of distribute list. Yeah I know I can google it, but I was wondering if one of the gurus can confirm that this is a CCNA objective. I emailed Boson, and stated my opinion that this is outside CCNA, but their reply that it is part of CCNA.. I think they're full of it sometimes--but they have the best practice exams

Thanks all
Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University

Comments

• Options
    fitzybhoyfitzybhoy Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCNP AFAIK. But maybe they have info that it may be coming to CCNA. A lot of stuff that was CCNP is now dropping to CCNA, maybe this is one.
  • Options
    DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you go to the Cisco website and look up the exam objectives you see what's on the exam they give a full list of the objectives you need to achieve.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccna/ccna_exam_v2
  • Options
    tomtom1tomtom1 Member Posts: 375
    It's basically an ACL used for route filtering purposes, don't sweat it. The following example permits the route 1.1.1.0/24 on incoming EIGRP route update packets on FastEthernet0/0.
    access-list 5 permit 1.1.1.0 0.0.0.255

router eigrp 1
     distribute-list 5 in FastEthernet0/0

• Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Don't sweat it, it's no biggie. So what is the answer? Did you lab it out just to verify?
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It was briefly mentioned in a Chris Bryant video, but not in the odom book. I would not sweat it.
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nothing major, just helps to control routing updates on interfaces
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Its not a CCNA topic last I checked. Boson has a habit of throwing a few things from the next level up into the last exam (Exam C?). In my experience (ICND1 and ICND2 640 Series), the questions and sims get progressively harder from Exam A to Exam B to Exam C. All that said, I wouldn't count it out. I remember getting a multiple choice question on my ICND2 (640-816) that was a CCNP-level topic. I knew the answer, so it was no big deal. I have heard that Cisco and others will sometimes add questions that are not counted for purposes of determining whether they should add it [for credit] in the future.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    theodoxa wrote: »
    Its not a CCNA topic last I checked. Boson has a habit of throwing a few things from the next level up into the last exam (Exam C?). In my experience (ICND1 and ICND 2 640 Series), the questions and sims get progressively harder from Exam A to Exam B to Exam C. All that said, I wouldn't count it out.

Good grief, Theo.. everybody else sez don't worry about it, but you say worry about it icon_lol.gif

Guess I gotta go look it up, and work it with it a bit

Thanks to all for the replies icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mikeybinec wrote: »
    Good grief, Theo.. everybody else sez don't worry about it, but you say worry about it icon_lol.gif

Guess I gotta go look it up, and work it with it a bit

Thanks to all for the replies icon_thumright.gif

I wouldn't worry about it. If they ask anything about it, it will likely be something along the lines of what is a distribute list and/or what is it used for as a MC question. The question I referenced on my ICND2 was of that sort -- nothing about how to configure x, just what x was and was used for.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    theodoxa wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about it. If they ask anything about it, it will likely be something along the lines of what is a distribute list and/or what is it used for as a MC question. The question I referenced on my ICND2 was of that sort -- nothing about how to configure x, just what x was and was used for.

Got it. The deal is, you and several other forum members are on my guru list and when you guys/gals (iristheangel i.e.) opine, I stand up and pay attention.

Thanks icon_cheers.gif