Issue trying to get GNS3 IOU working on windows and upload window won't display.

OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
Okay so I've been following the instructions with GNS3's website on how to setup the IOU. I have the .ova vm and ran it and have the network adapter set as the virtual box loopback adapter. It says to go to http://192.168.56.101:8000/upload and I make sure to turn off my main adapter before going to prevent address/adapter conflict, but it still doesn't come up. I just need to upload the IOS and I should be good to go. Anyone had this problem before?
:study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []

Comments

• zerglingszerglings Member Posts: 295 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Use SCP and put it in the right directory.
    :study: Life+
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's not the Upload I'm having a problem with. I can't even access the Upload page itself. I can ping the virtualbox loopback adapter, but I just can't access it in the browser.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Yes, had to reinstall Virtualbox because drivers werent installed correctly. For help on GNS Alpha a better place to ask would be GNS3 forums.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    did you try to log into the vm? i remember a post on the gns3 forums that you should try that in case the upload link doesnt work.

you can also try to put the file manually on the /home/gns3/Documents/GNS3/ folder without using the upload script.
    And then, I started a blog ...
  • zerglingszerglings Member Posts: 295 ■■■□□□□□□□
    zerglings wrote: »
    Use SCP and put it in the right directory.

Forget accessing it via web browser. Never really had success with it. Both Linux and Windows install. Just use the SCP and put it in the right directory and be done with it. It's really unimportant if you access via web browser or manually putting the file(s) in the proper directory.
    :study: Life+
    Well I've tried posting the print screen several times now, so I'll state the situation:

I have everything set on GNS3. iourc, remote server, startup-config text file, and IOU files. However, I get the following error when trying to add into the blank layout: :Could not connect to 192.168.56.103 on port 8000: (WinError 10061) No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."

icon_surprised.gif
    socket error 10061 is python error code for connection refused

might be caused by firewall or antivirus
    I first tried by enabling port 8000 on the firewall, then I completely disabled firewall and antivirus temporarily. To no avail icon_sad.gif still receive the same error. Is there some compatibility option I needed to enable I don't know about?
    can you ping VM-IP:8000?
    are you using virtual box or vm ware? did you get the appropiate .ova?
    OK so I found the ova that works for Virtualbox (As the other one I had was apparently for VMWare). I was able to get to the upload screen and upload the IOS and now I'm in GNS3 and all paths have been set. I was able to drag the IOU out to the center, but when I try starting it, I get the error: "Server error [-3200]: IOU1: IOU 'IOU directory' is not accessible."
    Firewall maybe? I'll look into it.
    did you configure the iourc file?
    Yes. The text file said gns3-iouvm = xxxxxxxx (It doesn't actually say all those x's lol)
    Named it iourc.txt. Anything I'm missing in the text file?
  • fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    It's an alpha release of a software that isn't even publically released. They WANT feedback and you should go to their forum, not this one.
    Yes. The text file said gns3-iouvm = xxxxxxxx (It doesn't actually say all those x's lol)
    Named it iourc.txt. Anything I'm missing in the text file?

file just needs to be named iourc without any extensiona, and you need to remove the Xs with the IOU licensekey
    I didn't name it with any extension. Also, the x's are just substituted for my actual license key. Should I redo the iourc file then?
    fredrikjj wrote: »
    It's an alpha release of a software that isn't even publically released. They WANT feedback and you should go to their forum, not this one.

Alright. I'll hit them up. Thanks!
    if the file is named iourc (without .txt) and your license key is correct for hostname gns3-iouvm and hostid 00000000 the file is good.

if the error continues and everything ist set up corretly get in contact with the devs on the gns3 forums and give them a report of the error
    I just started a thread. We'll see what the admins have to say:

GNS3 • View topic - Error received after trying to start IOU
  • LorgorsorLorgorsor Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Please if you have the time, can you show me how to "Use SCP and putting it in the directory", because, I am having trouble accessing the web at 19.168.56.101:8000/upload. Thanks

Lorgorsor
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm hoping to set mine up someday so I'll be referring back here when I run into trouble. Looks like you got it running let us know how it's working out.
  • LorgorsorLorgorsor Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi
    Please, what server would you recommend for use on my PC, if I am going to use SCP, in configuring the gns3 beta also can't I use any other SSH software?
    Thanks