Options

Network Engineer John Hopkins Hospital

Adam BAdam B Member Posts: 108 ■■□□□□□□□□
Has anyone ever been a Network Engineer for JHH? If so what was your experience?
2015 Goals: CCNP SWITCH [] SEC+ [ ] CCNP ROUTE [ ] CCNP TSHOOT [ ]

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I have a few friends that work there in the past. Nice sized network lots of technologies MPLS, MPLS VPN, lots of BGP, wireless and so on. Don't expect too much pay as they are on the low end of the pay scale. You can make more elsewhere in baltimore if its about the money, but if you are just starting out this is a good place to be. Also if you choose to live in the city, they have good housing options for staff members where you can get into special programs which give as much as 12K in credits towards a home and they have some other nice bennies too, I can find out if you are really interested.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    no!all!no!all! Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hmm. I would've thought JH would pay pretty well...
    On second thought, having JH on your resume would be pretty sweet and there's a Chipotle right across the street icon_cheers.gif
    A+, N+, S+, CCNA:RS, CCNA:Sec

"In high society TCP is more welcome than UDP. At least it knows a proper handshake" - Ben Franklin

2019 Goals: CCNP:RS & relocate to St. Pete, FL!
  • Options
    Definitely shodown I'm highly interested. If I do get this it'll most likely be just an internship as my professor works at JHH and knows a network engineer there that he said he will contact for me. I currently am working and going to college; I am just looking to expand my options to see what will benefit me :). Chipotle oh boi :P

• Options
    Also, I'm not worried about the pay at all. I'm only 18, plus what I will be making today will not compare to what I will be making ten years from now in my opinion. I think that's how it is for everyone so long as you focus on learning now.