Anyone preparing for cism Dec 14 exam..

Security2014Security2014 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Anybody in this forum is preparing for cism Dec 14 exam? I'm reading review manual however it's very dry. Section 1 has task and knowledge items mapping. Section 2 has content. Is there any study tricks need to used to digest this material. .?

Comments

• Kris_gKris_g Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    check the CISM exam preparation group on linkedin, lots of useful information.
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    I see these threads regarding testing dates... is the test only offered in a group setting once every quarter or something?
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • AlexNguyenAlexNguyen Member Posts: 358 ■■■■□□□□□□
    tprice5 wrote: »
    ... is the test only offered in a group setting once every quarter or something?

ISACA's certification exams are offered twice a year (at June and December). Due to popular demands, CISA and CISM exams are offered three times a year (June, September, and December).
    Knowledge has no value if it is not shared.
    Knowledge can cure ignorance, but intelligence cannot cure stupidity.
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    AlexNguyen wrote: »
    ISACA's certification exams are offered twice a year (at June and December). Due to popular demands, CISA and CISM exams are offered three times a year (June, September, and December).

Thanks for the clarification. +1
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I'm in the beginning stages of prep for the CISM as I'm about to finish studying for the CEH. I plan on relying on the ISACA question database a lot, after a couple of reads of the review manual. I've read quite a few posts here where people say the question DB is more helpful than the review manual.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • jfitzgjfitzg Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am signed up for the December exam. FYI, its on the 13th, not the 14th!
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I plan to take the CISA exam this December, just passed the CISM in June.
  • Security2014Security2014 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sorry i meant Dec 2014..what are the sources you are using for preparation?
  • hisulleyhisulley Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i am preparing for CISM Dec 2014 exam. i use 3 books. CISM Review Manual 2014, CISM QAE 2014 and QAE Supplement 2014. I like books more than CISM DB 2014 (i know they are the same.)
  • da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    I finally decided to pursue the CISM too... I just spent a small fortune on the official ISACA material; CISM Review Manual 2014, CISM QAE 2014, CISM DB 2014 and the bleeding membership.
  • 5502george5502george Member Posts: 264
    da_vato wrote: »
    I finally decided to pursue the CISM too... I just spent a small fortune on the official ISACA material; CISM Review Manual 2014, CISM QAE 2014, CISM DB 2014 and the bleeding membership.

Can the CISM RM only be purchased through ISACA?
  • CyberfiSecurityCyberfiSecurity Member Posts: 184
    I plan to take CISA again in this december. I failed by 25 point last year, and did not want to go back; but, now my job might require CISA. In fact, it requires more into CRISC, but I do not see lot of materials for CRISC. So, I'll take CRISC in June 2015. You can purchase ISACA materials through Amazon.com.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vice President | Citigroup, Inc.
    President/CEO | Agility Fidelis, Inc.
  • da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    5502george wrote: »
    Can the CISM RM only be purchased through ISACA?

I never even thought to look somewhere else....crash.gif