Exam time is 4hours. How long did you take?

yauseryauser Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
About to order my exam for 290, now the exam is 4hours long. But how long did it take you to do it? 4hours seems a lot.

phil

Comments

• gcwhite1gcwhite1 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The first time it took me almost 3.5 hours, the next time it took me 2.5. Be prepared for the worst.
    Life and the never ending pursuit....
  • whatsupwhatsup Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wow, the exam has 4 hr time limit..
    how many questions is it usually?
  • yauseryauser Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did mine the other day, finished 70-290 with 880. 1hr 10mins. 42 questions, loads of sims.

phil

preparing for my 70-270.
  • Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was given 3 hours and 5 minutes and finished with 1 hour and 40 minutes left on the clock.
  • jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    I still had over an hour left when I took mine. That included going back through some that I was not 100% sure about. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • chris242chris242 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was given 3 hours and 5 minutes and finished with 1 hour and 40 minutes left on the clock.

When you say SIMS do you mean the hotspot or the drag and drop items, or somthing different?

And when you say loads do you mean half of the exam?
  • CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    chris242 wrote:

When you say SIMS do you mean the hotspot or the drag and drop items, or somthing different?

And when you say loads do you mean half of the exam?

I dont know about the different types but I am pretty sure there arent more than 6. But than again I am yet to take the test.
    GL
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • chris242chris242 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    6 Hotspot or Drag & Drops would be nice. That means if there are 60 questions that there is one in every set of 10. How nice is that? Good ole Microsoft throwing me a bone. What a bunch of good ole' boys.
    Um... Im also pretty sure there are less than 50 questions too. More like 42ish.
    Which means its more like 1 for every 8 or 9.
  • !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    3,5 hour's for english native , and 30 min+ , mean 4 hour's for non-english native language.

I finish the exam in 2,5 hour's , don't hurry up , u have plenty of time , and when you finish isen't really important , but keep it in 3,5 hour's !
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    I wrote the exam ~ an hour.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391

Nope, the sims are a virtual environment where you are given a task to perform. For instance, you might be required to setup a SUS server for XYZ company so a Virtual desktop of Windows Server 2003 loads and you have to perform the correct steps to configure SUS.
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    When I first came across a sim, I thought my test blew up. You literally get a full screen simulation of a desktop of a server with your objective in a little window off to the right, which you can move and resize. When you are done, you press the DONE button on the objective box. You can also reset the sim in case you do funky things and can't remember how to undo it all.

To be honest, I liked the portrait orientation of the sim objective question rather than the landscape orientation you usually get. It made the objective seem less involved.

If you do all the labs in your books and are comfortable doing those tasks on your own, then the sims should be easy.
  • kkaltsaskkaltsas Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took it today, first cert exam ever for me. Got to Prometric at 8:57am. left at 10:24 am. Subtract the 5 minutes it leaves you sweating before telling you if you passed. I know it was just loading or something but I was nervous enough, that was really agonizing lol.
  • famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    may take mine next week. I will probably use at least 2/3 of the time.

Famos
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • gomonngomonn Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It seems to me after reading lots of posts that the time you take depends on the questions that you get ... Some people where lucky enough to get easy ones, others got the real hard ones ....
    Working on MCSA and CCNA
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had about 40 questions and finished in about 90 minutes I believe.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
    i had a 3:30 and took 2:15 42 questions 4 sims.
  • gomonngomonn Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Took the exam today, had 210 mn, 42 questions, had a little more than an hour left when I was done .... phew !!!! That was stressfull
    Working on MCSA and CCNA
    took me about an hour and 45 minutes to complete this exam.

Famos
  • NTAdminNTAdmin Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    took me 42 min with 850, the exam had 42 questions.

Regards
    Buenos Aires - Argentina
    Fast time with 42 minutes icon_eek.gif . You took less time than it took me to read the questions, lol icon_lol.gif .

Famos
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    It took me awhile, I hated this exam.