how to find recruiters\head hunters?

jabokimjabokim Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi. I was wondering where do you find recruiters\head hunters? I'm trying to find some in denver or minneapolis. If anyone knows of anything in denver or minneapolis would you be willing to give me their details or their business info in a pm? Thanks for anyone help you can give (I feel like they are my best chance to get a job out of my current location, Utah)

Comments

• arrogantbastardarrogantbastard Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    They're like flies, put your resume out on some job sites and they'll be all over it.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Put your resume on Careerbuilder/Dice/etc. and wait 10-15 minutes. Phone email will light up then.
  • jabokimjabokim Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lol, that sounds simple enough, thanks for the tips
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Seriously, every time I put feelers out there that's how it goes. Definitely try to reach out to local colleagues who can recommend good local recruiters as those seem to be a dying breed.
  • yzTyzT Member Posts: 365 ■■■□□□□□□□
    you don't find recruiters, they find you.
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Do you have a LinkedIn account? Join some IT groups or connect with anyone you know in IT, on LinkedIn and they'll be connecting with you in no time.
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    yzT wrote: »
    you don't find recruiters, they find you.

what Yzt said

I know one recruiter in Minneapolis and I will see if I can give you his info.

Honestly though I would call Robert half and Tek systems in Minneapolis and state your situation.

Also, if you go to DICE website, you will find a lot of contract jobs:
    Dice.com - Job Search for Technology Professionals

Here is a site for recruiters, but I'm adding the section of this website that is for job seekers:
    https://www.ziprecruiter.com/jobs/
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor