How much CEH exam fee for v7 and v8, Has CEH v8 been released, What is different

endrosriendrosri Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear all
please tell me How much CEH exam fee for v7 and v8, Has CEHv8 been released, and What is different between CEH v7 and v8 ?
I saw on the eccouncil website that CEH v8 has been released, Is the training and certification CEHv8 already available? and where can i take CEHv8 ?
is it still worth to take CEHv7 training and exam today ?

please help me

thx all
Regard

Comments

• FalasiFalasi Member Posts: 115
    Exam fee is $500 + $100 for eligibility access form (unless you attend the training).
    not sure about V8 being released , the only one available to me is v7 (vue).

AFAIK there is not much different , v8 is accredited by ANSI.

others may correct/add more information.
  • endrosriendrosri Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Falasi wrote: »
    Exam fee is $500 + $100 for eligibility access form (unless you attend the training).
    not sure about V8 being released , the only one available to me is v7 (vue).

AFAIK there is not much different , v8 is accredited by ANSI.

others may correct/add more information.

thanks you so much bro, your explanation is very usefull for me, is exam at Prometric and PearsonVue have sama fee?
  • HLRSHLRS Banned Posts: 142
    endrosri wrote: »
    thanks you so much bro, your explanation is very usefull for me, is exam at Prometric and PearsonVue have sama fee?
    Yes its same, they are just test centers
  • endrosriendrosri Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i have passed CEH at 95.33%
    now i am waiting CEH welcome kit
  • Grafixx01Grafixx01 Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    endrosri,

What did you use to study for the CEH v7?
  • naveed sajjadnaveed sajjad Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    endrosri wrote: »
    i have passed CEH at 95.33%
    now i am waiting CEH welcome kit

Dear endrosri please tell me the best online training center for ceh and what qualification required for ceh

i am certified mcitp server 2008 and ccna ccnp now i want to get only training of ceh and after ward i will gain certification
  • warlock1234warlock1234 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey next month m also going for CEH certification could you plz suggest me for having good percentile in this exam?
    course material, training centers are providing and exam **** are enough for the preparation?????plz suggest me asap?
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Warlock,

Just a heads up, the use of exam **** is frowned upon in this community.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I would really love to understand what happens in the brain of people who are new on a board and start asking for **** and all sorts of shortcuts.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I think it's an indication they haven't bother to read TE's discussion forums before posting to learn what our philosophy is here. They assume all cert talk sites are about ****.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I would really love to understand what happens in the brain of people who are new on a board and start asking for **** and all sorts of shortcuts.

I think its people who think that getting certs will magically land them a job, skipping all of the technical interview questions and stuff.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    I think its people who think that getting certs will magically land them a job, skipping all of the technical interview questions and stuff.

I swear, half of the people employed at work have/do use ****. It's disgusting. Someone asked me last night how the CEH was compared to a **** that is out there... I calmly told them I don't use them... they then proceeded to explain how the need for employment overrules honesty, competence and integrity...

*sigh*
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Just a little devil's advocate, but would it bother you if, for example, you were required to get a cert to keep your job that 1) you didn't care about, 2) didn't think was applicable anyways, just an HR checkbox? I am sure that theoretically some people have had that issue. Why study months for something that you don't really value?

IMO it's all tied back to how much you perceive and value the certification.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I suppose it could be said that even if the cert isn't valued, you still have to maintain your values and ethics.

If I had to take the CISSP to move on in my career, an exam I don't respect and don't like, my first step would be to go get books and video training. Going to look for a **** just isn't in my system
  • smartyvarshasmartyvarsha Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is very old thread, you guys might be aware that CEH v9 is already released. The CEH v9 exam fee is around 600 USD.
  • IronmanXIronmanX Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is very old thread, you guys might be aware that CEH v9 is already released. The CEH v9 exam fee is around 600 USD.

This is very old thread, you guys might be aware that CEH has no version number. The CEH exam fee at Pearson Vue Testing Center's is around 600 USD.
    ^Fixed.

There is also a $100 fee to challenged the exam without training.
    ProctorU I've heard is cheaper but I have no details.