Options

CCNA case study WAN Router config

k31453k31453 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
I made this Topology :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/14hsipqbufprc ... d.png?dl=0

One of our requirement stats that : 15 employees (hosts) in the Site Security group must have access to the network via a wireless LAN, at each site.

Determine the number of Wireless Access Routers (Linksys WRT300N) you need at the Singapore site to support the Site Security group.

Singapore is SIN.

My assumption is I have to attach wireless router on Floor 1 and 2 on SIN but it stats each site.

So what is the deal with that ?

Have i done correctly ?

This are the conditions :
120 employees in the Sales and Hire group, based at Singapore.
40 employees in the Marketing group, based at Singapore
15 employees in the Site Security group must have access to the network via a wireless LAN, at each site.
20 employees in the Administration group, based at Singapore.
260 employees in the Hire Only group, based at Jakarta.
150 employees in the Sales Only group, based in Hong Kong.
A separate Server Farm subnet, you can decide the number and type of servers required
Allow address space for management of switches within the network
The ISP for the company is based in Hong Kong. Use Class C ISP Network connection address (given by your lab instructor) for connection to the Hong Kong ISP router.
Use pseudo private class A network (given by your lab instructor) for internal addressing.
Use VLSM for the IP addressing scheme.
Expect 125% growth of current IP requirements when determining size of subnets.
All devices must have IP addresses

I already have done VLSM.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3cjw98iib5436af/1.png?dl=0

What Am i asking is that !!! What I have to do for 15 hosts wireless site thing.

I don't want answer. What I want is to guide me.

I know I have to use wireless router in Singapore. but how they can access whole network on other site.

t also says that :

Determine the number of Wireless Access Routers (Linksys WRT300N) you need at the Singapore site to support the Site Security group.
With the help of graph paper (scan it to include in report), show to scale the deployment of the wireless routers across the site.

So, I dont know about wireless router.

I was thinking deploy wireless router on both floor and put wireless access points on other sites.

Also,

It says that every device has valid IP address. So in able to do management VLAN (i.e. VLAN 199) do I have to subnet 3 times.?

Comments

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Were you given any building dimensions? I don't see how you can graph it to scale without that information. Perhaps you are allowed to come up with your own sizes and then justify your choices.

We didn't do anything with mapping but I recall that AP have a certain expected range and should overlap (maybe 15% it should be in the book somewhere) for each access point. This allows a user to travel between points without losing connection.

Don't know if that helps but Good Luck! It looks like a good project.
  • Options
    k31453k31453 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Jon_Cisco wrote: »
    Were you given any building dimensions? I don't see how you can graph it to scale without that information. Perhaps you are allowed to come up with your own sizes and then justify your choices.

We didn't do anything with mapping but I recall that AP have a certain expected range and should overlap (maybe 15% it should be in the book somewhere) for each access point. This allows a user to travel between points without losing connection.

Don't know if that helps but Good Luck! It looks like a good project.

Yes they gave us for dimension. I know how to do deployment thing. Just not sure about wireless router thing.