Options

Identify Basic of Switching Question

sagar1989sagar1989 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
As I am studing ICND 1
I have question of Nuggets SuperChallange I can't Guess the Correct Answer Plz any one help to give Correct answers
1.PNG

Which of the following are True? Choose 2
A. The PC will check for network availability before sending, and if there is a collision will use a backoff timer.
B. There are 5 collision domain and 5 Broadcast domain in the Topology.
C. 4 of the devices use MAC addresses to make forwarding decisions.
D. Switch 3's Port 0/6 can correctly operate in full duplex.
E. Switch 2 needs ip routing enabled to be manage by the PC
F. If Router 1 was a switch. there would be exactly 2 Broadcast Domain in the Topology.

As I thing the Wrong answer is
D. Switch 3's Port 0/6 can correctly operate in full duplex.
C. 4 of the devices use MAC addresses to make forwarding decisions.
F. If Router 1 was a switch. there would be exactly 2 Broadcast Domain in the Topology.

Remaining
I thing A is Correct and B I don't get it due to Bridge and "E" to manage IP address should enable to manage not IP Routing right
Weather A and B is Right I think.
help to Know
If wrong Plz Correct it

Thank You
icon_exclaim.gif

Comments

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    There is so much good stuff here but breaking down the answers for you won't really help.

1. What is CSMACD. Does it run on ethernet?
    2. What separates broadcast domains? What separates collision domains? I usually think if a bridge as a switch with only two ports. Hubs are layer one.

I know this is not what your looking for but if you are planning to study CCENT then you will have to know this stuff without even thinking about it. At least for test day. After that like anything else the specifics fade but you usually will understand the process having studied it at some point.

Welcome to the site!
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    rocdamikerocdamike Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    To help you with the collision domain and broadcast domain aspect of this question, check out these two videos by Danscourses on youtube:

How many collision domains? Cisco CCNA - YouTube
    How many broadcast domains? Diagram Question CCNA - YouTube