Troy McMillan CISSP Study guide?

RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
Have any of you members here ever heard of this Troy McMillian CISSP Study Guide?

The content looks good, but I haven't heard of it until today.

Comments

• RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Over a month later and no one?
  • cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am currently studying for the CISSP (exam date is in a few weeks) and I purchased the transcender online test engine. I see this book referenced a lot for the questions that I have gotten wrong when going through a review. People have said good things about transcender and the question format. So, I imagine this may be a decent book to use as a reference. I probably would not use it as my only study book, but maybe combine it with the Conrad study guide.
  • broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Not much experience with that book, but I would stick to what has worked for everyone else including me: Eric Conrad's CISSP study guide.

Good luck!
  • Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    I think one reason no one responded to your request for feedback on this book is that this book isn't used much by the folks who frequent this forum. That would include me - I have a lot of CISSP books but this one didn't make the cut.

There are a lot of CISSP prep books, so when I was deciding which books to use, I checked this forum for recommendations. What I found was the same set of books being recommended repeatedly - Conrad, Sybex, Harris, the CBK, the SANS class book and the Official Guide you get when you take the CISSP class. So that's what I used.

Does this mean this is the best set or that the McMillan book isn't good? Not at all. If it works for you, great. But if you've search this forum and don't see a lot of recommendations, perhaps that's an indicator that there are other books that people found more useful?
  • techbebetechbebe Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I looked at that book on Safari Books but I didn't buy it. It actually seemed like a pretty good book, but I already had so many study materials that I just didn't want to spend any more on books. I think if more people look at it , it will gain popularity. Shon Harris is so hard to read for more than an hour.