MS Second Change - Back soon?

LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anyone have any news on the MS second change offer? Are we likely to see the return of this soon?

Comments

• plettnerplettner Member Posts: 197
    There's a link on the MS site but it just goes to the Certification page. There's no info regarding the 2nd shot on that page.

I did read something briefly saying there's a 2nd shot until August 31. I could be wrong and I can;t find the link now. Very odd.
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    The original promo had it where you take your first attempt by June 30th, your second attempt by July 31st. You had to register with MS to take advantage of the promo, and when you registered for your first attempt at a test, you would enter the promo code that you received when you registered for 2nd shot.

I never had to take advantage of the 2nd shot so I don't know how it works for the 2nd attempt at a test.
  • plettnerplettner Member Posts: 197
    From the Microsoft Australia Learning page.
    Microsoft Learning highlights
    Get a complimentary second shot at a Microsoft certification exam! (US link)

If you register for this offer prior to taking any IT Pro or Developer exam and if you don't pass the first time around, this Second Shot offer lets you take the exam again, at no extra cost. This is a limited time offer, to qualify you must register for your initial exam between 28 February and 31 August 2005. Your retake exam must be completed by 30 September 2005. Find out how to take advantage of this offer (US link).

http://www.microsoft.com/australia/learning/default.mspx

Looks like they've extended the Free Shot promo (I'm sure they mean 2006???)
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Well, the link that says how to do it is no longer available. I figure they used last year's promo ad by mistake instead of this year's.
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Microsoft has historically only offered second shot vouchers when they revise their exams. This has only happened two or three times to date. I doubt there will be another second shot promotion offered by Microsoft in the forseeable future. That is not to say that there won't be some type of promotion offered by a third party.