What is your interviews/hire ratio?

OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
How many companies usually interview you before being offered a job?
I just need an estimate. I am about to quit my once likable job and I need to do it as soon as I can.

I have been to 2 interviews in the past week.
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mine might not be the best to go on - I have gotten every job I ever interviewed for with only 1 exception. That includes about 7 jobs in 22 years. So that would be 8 interviews resulting in 7 jobs in which I was hired. And I have to confess to the fact that it is simply the blessings of God and not my own ability. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • xwesleyxwillisxxwesleyxwillisx Member Posts: 158
    I have had 4 interviews with 3 offers and 2 I have taken.
  • jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    I haven't been out much, but I am 3 for 3 on interviews and offers. I did not take the latest 2 simply because I am comparing them to what I have now. My current job is okay, but it has some good perks that other offers have not been able to match and the pay differential is not enough to compensate me for what I would lose by leaving. So, I am still looking and waiting for a better opportunity to come along. I, too, have been fortunate (and very lucky). The job I hold now is one that I did not think I would get, I thought I interviewed horribly, but I got the call anyway and have been here the past year. Now that I have some more experience, I am looking to move on and up! :D
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • 12thlevelwarrior12thlevelwarrior Member Posts: 302
    So far was not offered the job on one interview.
    Every man dies, not every man really lives.
  • sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It really depends on what company you are fit for, and if they need what you have. Don't get upset if you apply for a lot of jobs and interview and do not recieve the job.. keep on trying.
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    If your current employer has no plans to let you go, don't quit until you have a job. First of all, there's no pressure in needing to pay bills so you can shop for the best job. You can also be more confident because you have an existing job to fall back on.
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    my interview to hire ratio is pretty high..

the last interview i had they offered me the gig..

the one before that i terminated the interview after finding out they couldn't get the number

the one before that they wanted me to start but were too wishy washy about when i could start..

i'm currently at the one i interviewed with before the the previous mentioned
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • MunckMunck Member Posts: 150
    I have only been to one interview, where I didn't get an offer. I guess the hard part for me is getting the interview. It does get easier as my list of certs. gets bigger though icon_wink.gif
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Gotten every job I had an interview for.
  • wizarddeathwizarddeath Member Posts: 115
    New to IT, so thought id put in also....Sent out 30+ resumes, gotten 12 call backs, asking if I was still interested, 2 interviews, no return callbacks as of yet.

My 2 interview were extremely recent however, so Im hoping still.
    70-291 Next....
  • DaPunnisherDaPunnisher Member Posts: 108
    To get my current position I applied for about 30+ jobs and had three face-to-face and one phone interview. I got about a dozen calls from head hunters but they never called me back?? icon_eek.gif

applications to interview ratio: 7.5
    job to interviews ratio: 0.25
    Hey guys -

Having a hard time getting call backs on jobs applied for.. Have the resume done and had help from on here etc..

I have a FT job as an IT Tech (6 yrs expereince). I send an email to the company a week after I apply. So far applied to about 15-20 and had 1 interview.

Any suggestions from you guys of something I could do to try to up the call backs?

Thanks!
    Anyone have any ideas? Thanks once again!
    Sorry - as I mentioned I've never been in a position where I didn't get offered a job based on an interview - not sure what I would do to increase my call-back percentage...
    Thanks - I am not sure why I am not getting call backs- very competive market where I am- maybe one of the bigger reasons.. However not to many jobs popping up as well.
    Ouch. Good luck to you.
  • frankj1247frankj1247 Member Posts: 111
    I haven't applied for a job in over a year, but that's partly because I'm self-employed and waiting to get more certifications. My response from employers without any certifications or just A+ was extremely negative. I want to apply for jobs and stand a chance, before I felt like I was just sending resumes out into thin air because every job wanted specific requirements. I would get 1 interview for every 9-10 resumes I sent out, but no substantial job offer to write home about. I'm hoping that by having more certs and many more lab hours (experience) that will make me a more attractive candidate.

My question for this discussion is: at what point should I send out resumes again. I'm taking my CCNA on the 31st and planning on finishing my MCSE soon. After CCNA, after MCSE 2003? Any advice is appreciated.
    That could be one problem.. I am A+ certified and that is it (Working on MCP now), however I do have 6+ years experience in as an lead IT tech, also have been a part of a ton of projects etc.. so my experience is their which is important.