Options

Interviewing Question?

rtdrtd Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was wondering if you are a hiring manager and how many candidates you generally interview for a position? I've been interviewing with a company for a few weeks now and I just wonder how many other people I could be up against? Tomorrow I will have had 3 interviews and my references were all called and I'm a bit on edge wondering what my chances are. I know not to hold my breath but I'm just wondering if anyone can provide some insight from the other side of the hiring process. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't have any experience with IT interviews. However in general if you are talking something fairly entry level it's unlikely there is more then one other person.

I don't know about larger companies with HR departments but when your dealing with managers or supervisors they have limited time and are not going to do a lot of second and third interviews. As the importance of the position increases so will the interview process in most cases.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    tkerbertkerber Member Posts: 223
    This all really depends. Generally speaking there is a very large size of initial applicants that get weeded through for a first interview. This continues down until it's somewhere between 2 or 3 maybe a few more employees....

In your case it’s safe to assume that if they’re checking references and you’ve had that many interviews—the competition at this point is slim. Maybe you and another candidate.

• Options
    rtdrtd Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice!