Advice on Prince 2 Foundation books.

mancmanc Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Can anyone offer any advice on which books or exam study guides I should be looking at to take the Prince 2 Foundation exam?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

Comments

• CDRichardsCDRichards Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    2013 - MTA Networking Fundamentals [x] MTA Security Fundamentals [x] MTA Operating System Fundamentals [x] CompTIA Network+ [x] CCENT [in progress] CCNA [ ]
  • mancmanc Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CDRichards wrote: »

Cheers for the suggestion. Any opinions on whether this will be sufficient to get through the foundation exam? Have you yourself used this book with positive results?

Thanks.
  • CDRichardsCDRichards Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's what was recommended to me by people who have passed it using only the book.
    2013 - MTA Networking Fundamentals [x] MTA Security Fundamentals [x] MTA Operating System Fundamentals [x] CompTIA Network+ [x] CCENT [in progress] CCNA [ ]
  • mancmanc Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CDRichards wrote: »
    It's what was recommended to me by people who have passed it using only the book.

Cheers for the advice. I have been through a couple of times now the trainingbytesize online training and its not quite fully staying in so I a going to take the plunge and order this book. Will report back on how I get on.

Thanks.
  • Chamil3001Chamil3001 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is there any Prince2 video materials available anywhere?
  • Scrum_LeoScrum_Leo Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Chamil3001 wrote: »
    Is there any Prince2 video materials available anywhere?

Hi Chamil
    There are some PRINCE2 Video Material and you can find them here.
    there is a video which is an introduction to PRINCE2 . It gives you an oversight to PRINCE2.

Also you can find some other related videos here

Hope it helps.
  • PatrickKellyPatrickKelly Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Here is a list of all PRINCE2 online courses: Comparison of PRINCE2® eLearning Courses
    - You can compare them with each other

PRINCE2 Foundation Exam Simulator
    - See this page for a list of all Exam Simulators : Free PRINCE2 practice exams - a list of sources on the internet | The IT Skeptic
    - This is an example of a free one offering 380 questions PRINCE2® Foundation Exam Simulator | MP
  • nickelitonickelito Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    manc wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone offer any advice on which books or exam study guides I should be looking at to take the Prince 2 Foundation exam?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

Hello, I see that you have passed Prince2 Foundations now.. what was the materials you used to prep for the exam? Any recommendations?
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    nickelito wrote: »
    Hello, I see that you have passed Prince2 Foundations now.. what was the materials you used to prep for the exam? Any recommendations?

manc: Last activity: 02-19-2016 03:33 AM

I don't think they are coming back.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • UncleBUncleB Member Posts: 417
    I just used the Axelos book plus the audio book by Frank Turley:
    https://mplaza.pm/product/prince2-practitioner-audio-course/

It is a very dry subject but I found the audio book used on my commute each day helped the info sink in steadily over several listens and helped me pass foundation and practitioner exams comfortably.

Iain
  • ItsmHarunItsmHarun Member Posts: 178
    Many books are available on net for PRINCE2 Course. Also ITSM Technologies provide the PRINCE2 Certification.
  • UncleBUncleB Member Posts: 417
    Looks like it it change time for Prince2 again - I just got the following email from a training provider I use:

The upcoming evolutionary changes to the PRINCE2® guidance and the Foundation and Practitioner exams are now in place – the new PRINCE2 2017 Manual has been released just a few days ago.

The changes have been anticipated for some time in the industry and while the core elements of PRINCE2 remain as relevant as ever, enhancements have been made to reflect our changing and dynamic working environment.

When does this happen?

You can still prepare and sit the current exams – up to the end of 2017. In January 2018, you can only sit the new Foundation and Practitioner Exams.

What’s changed?

The guide and exams remain largely the same. The core of PRINCE2 with its tried and tested approach to project management is as strong today as it ever was.

However, the following changes have been made:

The guidance

- Tailoring now appears as a constant throughout the guidance

- More specific examples are given in applying themes to a project

- Practical examples of applying the methods are increased in the guidance

- There is an enhanced link between the themes and principles

The exams

- The average Blooms level for assessment will increase meaning an increase in difficulty

- Question volume has been reduced slightly to try and balance this

Practitioner status

With the new update, Practitioner status will only last for 3 years instead of the current 5 years.

Candidates will no longer be able to refresh this with a ‘Re-Registration’ exam.

After launch, Practitioner status will need to be upheld by doing one of the following:

1. An active subscription to the AXELOS PRINCE2 membership scheme each year

2. Completing the required 45 CPD points within 3 years

How does this affect me?

I am already PRINCE2 Practitioner accredited – you don’t need to do anything just yet. Your Practitioner accreditation remains just as valid and your status will run out at the end of its 5 years.

I am not yet PRINCE2 (Practitioner) qualified – There are some real benefits to be gained from sitting your exams before the end of this year

Why should I invest in the current PRINCE2 Primer now?

1. Your Practitioner status will last longer – simply put, if you sit your Practitioner exam using the current PRINCE2, your status will last Five years instead of only Three

2. You’ll know what to expect – the current exams have been honed for many years so you know that they will be tried and tested when you sit them.

3. Your exams will be easier – Blooms levels have changed on the new exams making questions more difficult.

4. You could be waiting quite a while – the expensive and high learning curve classroom providers are backed up – but if you self-study you can sit the Open Exams.