Options

Aruba ACMA

ulater6000ulater6000 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
I know this is a CCNA Wireless sub forum, but I didn't see any Aruba sub forum or any other sub forum that may apply. My workplace uses Aruba wireless infrastructure, so I'm interested in getting certified with them. Their equivocol of the CCNA Wireless appears to be the ACMA.

Has anyone here certified as an Aruba ACMA and if so how did you study for it? There do not seem to be any certification prep books for Aruba like what Cisco has.

-Thanks

Comments

• Options
    QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There are no Aruba study guides or prep books, you'd need to attend an Aruba event to get the "official" training and take the test.

Edit: There's been talk of an "Aruba Press" now for 4 or 5 years at least....every year it's been "yeah, maybe next year".
  • Options
    Any word if the official training is decent and if so do you have a link? Looking on their site there are lots of references to it, but I didn't see anywhere to register or dates/places of sessions.
  • Options
    StaunchyStaunchy Member Posts: 180
    I am attending a aruba mobility bootcamp next week so will let you know than how it is. Aruba don't provide the official training themselves you will need to contact 1 of their training partner Training Partners | Aruba Networks
    2016 Goals: CCNP R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP Security
    LinkedIn
  • Options
    I look forward to hearing your feedback on the experience. I'll make sure to follow up with you in two weeks or so. Thanks!
  • Options
    Got my student guide for both ACMA and ACMP, ACMA is not required to write ACMP exam. 1 thing I can say is these guides are HUUUUUUUUGE
    LinkedIn
  • Options
    How was the mobility bootcamp and what did you think of the training? Did you go to the ACMP one and how much Aruba experience did you have going in?
  • Options
    It was good but the thing I hate about bootcamps is they cramp a **** load of theory into 1 week. Did both ACMA and ACMP, the RF protect stuff is pretty awesome can bring down other people wireless ;)

Before this cause I have never touched aruba kit, I have very basic experience on wireless would like to get more but currently my aim is CCNP R&S but I have to get my ACMP cert by end of the month for company partner status.
    LinkedIn
  • Options
    Staunchy wrote: »
    It was good but the thing I hate about bootcamps is they cramp a **** load of theory into 1 week. Did both ACMA and ACMP, the RF protect stuff is pretty awesome can bring down other people wireless ;)

Before this cause I have never touched aruba kit, I have very basic experience on wireless would like to get more but currently my aim is CCNP R&S but I have to get my ACMP cert by end of the month for company partner status.

I haven't done much wireless equipment (home routers aside) so I'm not sure what to expect coming into this.

I'm going to try to study up on wireless theory and what little reference material Aruba makes available outside their trainings. Were you able to get your ACMA/ACMP and how do they compare with the CCNA/CCNP difficulty of material wise? Does their ACMP Mobility Bootcamp include the ACMA as part of the training? Any other dvice you'd throw towards someone planing on attending?

-Thanks
  • Options
    ulater6000 wrote: »
    I haven't done much wireless equipment (home routers aside) so I'm not sure what to expect coming into this.

I'm going to try to study up on wireless theory and what little reference material Aruba makes available outside their trainings. Were you able to get your ACMA/ACMP and how do they compare with the CCNA/CCNP difficulty of material wise? Does their ACMP Mobility Bootcamp include the ACMA as part of the training? Any other dvice you'd throw towards someone planing on attending?

-Thanks

The Mobility Bootcamp covers both ACMA and ACMP, the course is based more on how to configure aruba kit and less about what wireless is and it's inner workings. If you can read the CWNA study guide it will help a lot so when the instructor talks about wireless in general you will know how it works etc. I still need to read through the student guide properly to give an honest opinion but from what I gathered in the training the study material it is not as difficult as CCNA/CCNP but the exam I still need to write which will be end of the month than I will let you know. The ACMX exam which is the Aruba Expert certification is an 8 hour lab which apparently is very tough and there is only about 300 ACMX certified people in the world according to the instructor how true that is I can't say.

I'm not sure how much the mobility bootcamp cost in US dollars but if I had to pay for it myself I would rather get the study material from "somewhere" and buy a 620 controller with 2x 105 AP's from ebay than work through all the labs.

The aruba stuff is awesome especially the RF protect, config can get complicated but that allows for very granular configurations
    LinkedIn