Interview question->

sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
How do you guys handle going to interviews when currently employed?

I can not keep taking days/half days off to go to interviews.. how do you guys handle this situation! Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    That's pretty much how you do it, or else make other arrangements with the interviewer, such as lunch hour, after/before work hours, or on weekends.

Unless you figure out how to clone yourself.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Either that, or stop going to so many interviews.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dan -

Yeah I think the lunch hour idea is good, sometimes the place is farther out so makes it difficult.

Blarg- Yes- I try not to get so many interviews at one time.

Thanks
  • mwillmwill Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm in the same pickle.

When I have my interviews I always arrange them for my lunch hour. I've never had an interview on a weekend or after hours. Always lunch hour, this has always worked out.
    Marcus Williamson
  • jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    I've been lucky in that I work 7-3, so I've been able to set them up for 4:00. All the ones I go on understand that since I am working I need to adjust around that schedule...And who knows, maybe it makes me look a little better in that I am not ditching my responsibilities while I look for another job, I may want out of here, but I still give you the time you expect of me... :)
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ill try to schedule on my lunch hour for the next few I go to, thanks.