Options

Another interview question

RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
Since we've been on a roll lately regarding interview questions, I have another. What's your opinion on length of interviews? Reason I ask is I had an interview yesterday that I think went really well but it was only 20-25 minutes long. Again, I think it went really well.

What's the take on interview length? Longer better or shorter?

Comments

• Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Depends,

Really short is bad.

Shortish is ok because they may have found the right person and know it.

Long cant be bad thou after all why would they keep you there if you werent suitable?

Sorry it doesnt help much, depends what the job is for....?
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    I was told that an interview would last 1.5 to 2 hours and it was about 1 hour long. The current job I have now was about a 20-25 minute interview and I was offered the job the following morning. I had one that I don't really count because about 5 minutes in they started asking me about my school and willingness to travel. Turns out it was a job that required about 24 hours notice for me to travel for up to 2 weeks at a time all across the country. I have a wife and kids and during the interview, it was a mutual agreement that it would not work out. We still spoke for another 10-15 minutes and they told me to keep my resume updated and on file with them in case something else opened up.

So, typically, I'd say 30 minutes for a short one up to a couple of hours depending on how many people are interviewing you and how many questions they ask you. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"