WGU Finish Line

I just pass TPV1 today and the only class I have left is BNC1. I have already failed it once. Do any of you guys that have taken it have any tips on how to pass it. I have gone through the course of study, but the material is dry.
WGU Complete: September 2014

Comments

• selenityhyperionselenityhyperion Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Luckily I don't have to worry about that course since my AAS knocked it out for me. Before I received my transcript evaluation though I was starting to study for it. There are some flashcards on quizlet. Just google search wgu bnc1. They seemed pretty straightforward. I also saw a playlist on youtube for the class. WGU:BNC1 by WGULeadership

Good luck on this boring class. Last one left!!
    Completed: Starting February 1, 2015
    Needed: C182, EUP1, EUC1, C173, C169, C172, CRV1, C175, C170, TYC1, TYP1, C191, C178, C176, C393, C394, EDV1, TWA1, 3 unkown course numbers
    Transferred: BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, CJC1, IWC1, CLC1, IWT1, BNC1, C278, C164, C132 (33)
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    BNC1 - Organizational Behavior and Leadership

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with this class. I agree the material is dry, but I recommend you go through all of the material once more and take really good notes as you go. If I remember correctly, this course has interactive scenarios. Make sure you complete all of the scenarios and don't just skip through them. (yes they are boring)

How did your exam score compare to your preassessment score?

This was one of the first courses I completed and I found it not too difficult. I'm sure you will pass the exam on your next attempt. Good luck!
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • pixa241pixa241 Member Posts: 207
    srabiee wrote: »
    BNC1 - Organizational Behavior and Leadership

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with this class. I agree the material is dry, but I recommend you go through all of the material once more and take really good notes as you go. If I remember correctly, this course has interactive scenarios. Make sure you complete all of the scenarios and don't just skip through them. (yes they are boring)

How did your exam score compare to your preassessment score?

This was one of the first courses I completed and I found it not too difficult. I'm sure you will pass the exam on your next attempt. Good luck!

Yes that is what I did. All i did was read the book and that is. ON the preassessment I scored a 78 and on the final I scored a 47.
  • CodyyCodyy Member Posts: 223 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm actually studying for BNC1 as I type this. Check out the videos posted by the course mentor in the BNC1 learning community, he summarizes the chapters. Most people in that sub-forum said the videos were enough for them to pass.

Good luck man you're almost there, this is supposed to be one of the easier ones, don't let it stop you.
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This was the first class I took. I think all I did was read the e-book and following the chapter quizzes. Then I did the practice exam again a few times and that was enough to pass. I think the passing score is pretty low on that.
  • Cisc0kiddCisc0kidd Member Posts: 250
    I took the pre-assesment and used the Quizlet flash cards. I found the class materials to disorganized to help.
  • -hype-hype Member Posts: 165
    That was one of the first ones, I studied the flash cards and took the pre-assessment. It should take you about a day to study for it.
    WGU BS IT:Network Administration
    Started: 10-1-13
    Completed: 9-21-14
    Transferred: 67 CU Completed: 54 CU
  • datschmodatschmo Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    +1 to the course videos. I watched them twice and passed.
  • pixa241pixa241 Member Posts: 207
    datschmo wrote: »
    +1 to the course videos. I watched them twice and passed.

Sweeet yeah after watching the videos I feel more confident then I did after just reading the books. Well I have the test scheduled for this Sunday so wish me luck. If I pass then I am officially done with WGU.
  • certoicertoi Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on almost completing your BS. As everyone says watch the videos and it will tell you which chapter to pay close attention to.Good luck!