Passed Net+ today - notes and tips

sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed this morning: 862/900. Took about 30 minutes.

It reminded me of the old Microsoft Network Essentials test I took in 1999. I got more questions than expected on Novell, cable characteristics (distance/speed) and topologies. Just a couple on UNIX, apple, and one weird Microsoft XP question on how to set up a new dial-up connection. Lots of scenario and trouble shooting questions, several services (DHCP, DNS, WINS, ports, IPSec) and lots of utilities (ping, netstat, tracert, etc.).

Studied for 2 and a half weeks, an hour a day or so. Only made it through about 6 chapters in Exam Cram 2. Read about 75% of the Tech Notes here which are very good. Took the practice exams for Net+ from this site (the 60 questions Net+, 20 ports and 30 OSI) plus 2 practice exams from Exam Cram.
All things are possible, only believe.

Comments

• Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Great score! Congrats!

Party time!

So, what's next?
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Danman32 wrote:
    Great score! Congrats!

Party time!

So, what's next?
    Thanks. MS 70-218 to complete my MCSA 2000. Then 70-292 to complete MCSA 2003. Then 70-350 to add the Security designation to both. I'll have to let my CCNA slide for a few months (it expires in November).
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • jetdynamicsjetdynamics Member Posts: 129
    sprkymrk,

Congrats!!!

thanks for that info im also planning to take up network + exam within next month. What I can share is statistics dont lie because when Im doing a lots of practice test before I took A+ exams I keep a record of my percentage rate until Im satisfy with the rate. Then thats give me a go signal to take the test.
    Good luck jet!
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats sprkymrk! Very nice score icon_cool.gif
  • elathropelathrop Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

Great Going! What a score! I'll be happy with a 562.

It's my turn tomorrow, Friday 9:15 at the Prometrics Testing Center at Danbury Flight School in Danbury, CT. If anybody is in the area and spots a plane doing a lot of loops and out-of-control spins, it means they are giving me the wrong test.
    Webmaster for calendardaze.com ezcalculator.com and digitizedvideo.com
    elathrop wrote:
    Congratulations!

Great Going! What a score! I'll be happy with a 562.

It's my turn tomorrow, Friday 9:15 at the Prometrics Testing Center at Danbury Flight School in Danbury, CT. If anybody is in the area and spots a plane doing a lot of loops and out-of-control spins, it means they are giving me the wrong test.
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    Good luck! Eat bananas for breakfast, they taste the same coming up as they did going down - just in case they give you the wrong test. :)
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Are you going to let your CCNA expire and then just take the 640-801 exam again? I guess that's one way to get a free updated certificate! icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    I knew you could do it!!! Way to go Sprkymrk!!! :D:D:D:D:D
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
    Thanks everyone!
    mikej412 wrote:

Are you going to let your CCNA expire and then just take the 640-801 exam again? I guess that's one way to get a free updated certificate! icon_lol.gif
    Mike: I thought this was the only way. Is there another way (besides the 2 tests that is) to keep my CCNA current? Or are just talking about the paper thing in my file cabinet? Thanks!
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Thanks everyone!
    mikej412 wrote:

Mike: I thought this was the only way. Is there another way (besides the 2 tests that is) to keep my CCNA current? Or are just talking about the paper thing in my file cabinet? Thanks!

If you pass any of the professional level certs your CCNA will automatically get renewed.But if you dont fancy some hard core study maybe the 801 exam is the best choice.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
    BTW - A little note of appreciation on the Tech Exam practice test from this site. The tech exam here was just as good as the Exam Cram practice test and was a good indicator of the how you'll do on the actual exam. I took the 3 exams listed under the Net+ section and this is how I did the day before my real exam:
    Network+ 60 Question: 88%
    OSI 20 Question: 90%
    Ports 30 Question: 100%

As you can see the average comes real close to my actual test score, so I would say it's a real good gauge. Thanks Johan!
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin