Options

SUS Server Configuration in VMWare

DapperDanDapperDan Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am using VMServer with Win2K3 as DC and 2 XP clients. I created a new VM with Win2K3, downloaded and installed SUS10SP1.exe. This installed OK but when I tried to access my "http://server02/SUSAdmin" I get "HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource.
Internet Information Services (IIS)"

IIS is installed but do I have to set anything up in IIS first? Has anyone set this up successfully before? Any thoughts would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    agustinchernitskyagustinchernitsky Member Posts: 299
    Which version of SUS are you using? Try the latest (2.0?)

Check that IIS has ASP enabled and execute scripts perms on the resource... The installation should create the appropiate ACLs on NTFS.
  • Options
    jasonbochejasonboche Member Posts: 167
    DapperDan wrote:
    I am using VMServer with Win2K3 as DC and 2 XP clients. I created a new VM with Win2K3, downloaded and installed SUS10SP1.exe. This installed OK but when I tried to access my "http://server02/SUSAdmin" I get "HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)"

IIS is installed but do I have to set anything up in IIS first? Has anyone set this up successfully before? Any thoughts would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Both SUS and WSUS work great in VMware.

The 401.3 error is due to NTFS permission restrictions somewhere in your web content. Check permissions, turn on and watch security auditing, etc.

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    I had problems with SUS and discovered that I had security configurations too tight. Use Configure Your Server and be sure ASP is installed and running.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Go into IIS Manager, go into properties of susadmin, go into directory security, enable Integrated Windows Authentication. Your problem should be solved.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    DapperDanDapperDan Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    icroyal wrote:
    Go into IIS Manager, go into properties of susadmin, go into directory security, enable Integrated Windows Authentication. Your problem should be solved.

That worked . . . Thanks for the response . . . ALL the responses.