PASSED TODAY With 861 Score!!!!!!!!!

I took my Storage+ test today and passed it ith flying color 861 !!!! Test was super easy casue I studied like there is no tomorrow. Next test will be CCDA & then on to SNIA Certified Storage Engineering (SCSE)

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    Hooray for you. I did order the book, but right now they are breathing on my back for some other cert.
  • omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    what other certs are you working on currently?
  • brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    omi2123 wrote: »
    what other certs are you working on currently?

I have been on this job for nearly a year and a half. All of a sudden they are asking about certs. I had the so-caallled lifetime Sec+, but then had to enter the CEU program. I had until June of next year to complete that. I had completed an online course worth 40 units, then forgot about it. Then last week certs came up again. I finished a nine units class over the weekend, which would have left me one short. Then I discovered my HBSS class satisfied the requirement, so SEC+ is out of the way. Now I need Linux+, even though I am supporting Red Hat, and have been like I said for almost 18 months. I have Solaris Admin, but that is not good enough.
  • aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    omi2123 wrote: »
    Test was super easy casue I studied like there is no tomorrow.

It's funny how that works :D Congratulations! And good luck with CCDA.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Red_DragonRed_Dragon Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass OMI.

What did you use to study with?
    BSIT: Bachelors of Science in Information Technology
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did passing the Storage+ exam automatically update your Network+ and Security+ certs? I am thinking of taking Storage+ to update my A+, Network+ and Security+. They will all expire by next September if I don't update them and just wanted to make sure that Storage+ would do that.

Where are my manners? Congrats on passing the Storage+ exam.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations !!!

What resources did you use for this exam?
  • PsychoData91PsychoData91 Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    YAYA! Good work OP!
    ssnyderu2 wrote: »
    Did passing the Storage+ exam automatically update your Network+ and Security+ certs?
    Yes! Well, Storage+ gives 50 CEUs for Sec+ and 30 CEUs for Net+. Those are both the full required amounts. Check out this page for more on which certs will provide what level of CEUs and what level is required for renew. Just select the certs you are trying to renew, then look for the one you finished/ are looking at taking.
    brownwrap wrote: »
    Now I need Linux+, even though I am supporting Red Hat, and have been like I said for almost 18 months.
    Brownwrap? If you are supporting redhat have you considered one of the redhat certifications?
  • certblastercertblaster Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats... Its a good score too... Best of luck for Future
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!

I would almost be inclined to advise you to skip the SNIA cert at go straight to a vendor-specific cert like NetApp or EMC. Not only is the SNIA cert vendor-neutral (which may not benefit you all that much on your resume), but it also expires every 3 years. I was in the same boat as you and decided to avoid that one.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)