Options

Finally getting some real world experience

no!all!no!all! Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I'm finally getting my hands on some equipment at my job! So stoked! We're in the process of upgrading our routers and switches all over the world. Having recently passed the CCENT our infrastructure engineer gave me some config files for a few overseas routers. I will admit some of the commands I've never used, like aaa, crypto etc...they seem a bit daunting so the "?" mark will be very useful

I'm pretty excited but definitely a little nervous at the same time :D
A+, N+, S+, CCNA:RS, CCNA:Sec

"In high society TCP is more welcome than UDP. At least it knows a proper handshake" - Ben Franklin

2019 Goals: CCNP:RS & relocate to St. Pete, FL!

Comments

• Options
    emazemaz Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good for you man, there is nothing like working with the real deal in the production environment.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice! It's got to be a good feeling.
  • Options
    ImYourOnlyDJImYourOnlyDJ Member Posts: 180
    Almost as good as real world experience I get with Cisco... I'm now allowed to have people power cycle their equipment :p
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good for you! Since you are working on the equipment it will give much more clarity when you start working on the icnd2. Expect alot of aha! and "ohh thats why that happens" moments.
  • Options
    no!all!no!all! Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes, there's a lot of commands I don't recognize. At the moment WAN technologies are killing me!
    A+, N+, S+, CCNA:RS, CCNA:Sec

"In high society TCP is more welcome than UDP. At least it knows a proper handshake" - Ben Franklin

2019 Goals: CCNP:RS & relocate to St. Pete, FL!
  • Options
    HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you get a chance to log into the production equipment and do some show commands here are some handy ones.
    1) Show crypto isakmp sa, Shows status of IKE phase one of the tunnel. Idle=Good and all is well
    2) Show crypto IPsec sa, Show IPsec encrypting and decrypting packets. IKE phase 2 of the tunnel.
    3) the AAA is for your tacacs server for authenticating to the equipment.

I would pickup a CCNA Security book and read through it or watch the CBT nuggets video. It will help the learning curve.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln