And a pass!

CassLCassL Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
I took the Security+ SY0-301 today. I passed comfortably with 862/900.

My main study source was Darril Gibson's book, although I did go through some of Professor Messer's videos to have an alternate viewpoint on some of the things I was having issues with.
I tested myself with some practice tests I found online, and I was worried because I usually was scoring around 85% on those. I had no problems on the exam itself, though, as those questions seemed easier than the practice tests I was using.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats! Can't go wrong with Darril.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • jaywalkerjaywalker Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good job! icon_cheers.gif
    Goals for 2015: ICND1 [], ICND2 []

..........:cheers:
    A winner is you
  • snunez889snunez889 Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man. I just passed mine too today., icon_cheers.gif
  • DrethylDrethyl Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats I hope to be joining this club by the end of October.
  • alexalejanalexalejan Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I just passed Sec+ myself about a week ago. Sounds like we had a similar experience- I too used Darril Gibson's book, watched a few Messer videos on a handful of topics I was so-so on, and passed with a score almost the same as yours!