Should I call CompTIA?

Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
Maybe I am sounding impatient but I passed my Security+ exam on June 21st, according to the website they mailed out my Kit on the 27th and I still do not have it.

I'm just afraid that it got lost in the mail or sent to the wrong house.... What's been happening way too much lately is that I am getting mail that belongs next door or across the street from me, unfortunately I think I might be a little nicer about getting my neighbors their mail then they are about getting me mine.

I'm just having trouble believing that something that was mailed June 27th would not show up by now.... Should I call or should I give it another week
?

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Call them. I passed Sec+ on July 5 (or 6?) and got mine a few days ago.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Gave CompTIA a call and they told me that before they re-issue a kit to me they have to allow up to 6 weeks from the mail date (June 27th in my case) to allow for any problems that may have occurred with the mail.

They told me that if my kit does not arrive by August 7th that I can call back and they will re-issue the kit.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I once sent a package to my folks in WV with a wrong zipcode. It took a couple extra weeks, but they did get it.
    All things are possible, only believe.
    Hehe I hope they didnt send to the wrong Zip Code because none of My info has changed and I jconfirmed over the phone what Address adn Zip the kit should be sent to.
  • Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Yeah, it shouldn't take this long. I passed on June 9th, and I got it...about two weeks after.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    So far, Comptia has been pretty prompt for me.
    Passed the test on Monday, saw on Comptia's website confirmation that I am certified on Tuesday, registered to have that transfered to MS on Tuesday, got an email yesterday that they verified my request and forwarded the cert to MS, and today MS has the info.

Of course all of that is electronically sent.
    Yeah, after I passed it showed up the next day on CareerID and less than 1 week later it showed they mailed it so that's why I'm wondering....

I know I got my Net+ kit soon after I passed the exam. A lot sooner then this is taking so far.
    I found my Welcome Kit the other day when I was cleaning up around my house "In a spot where the mail does not go"... It's probably been there for weeks... *Sigh*...Sometimes I can't stand having room mates. I can't wait until my fiance and I get married and I can get the room mates out of my house.... Hmmm, that leads to the following question though.
    Will living with the wife and daughter be easier than the 2 room mates I have now?
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    NO! Certainly not easier, but can be more fun.