Options

ICND1 Practice Exam On This Site

CheebahawkCheebahawk Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just wanted to drop in and say what garbage the ICND1(34 questions) Practice Test is on this site. The majority of the questions are not in the materials, and are some of them are so insanely specific, they'd never be on the real exam. It should be removed from the site, and replaced with a test that is useful, with information actually from the materials that covers the ICND1.

That is all, carry on.
2015 Goals: CCNA: Security [Scrapped(210-260)] CCNP Switch [ ] Route [ ] Tshoot [ ]

Comments

• Options
    davenulldavenull Member Posts: 173 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your feedback. Those questions must be old, maybe from the old exam, I haven't even looked at them. Unfortunately, nobody is getting paid here to update the questions, would you like to take the initiative?
  • Options
    PupilPupil Member Posts: 168
    Those questions are outdated and not a good measuring stick for your readiness for the real exams.
    davenull wrote: »
    Thanks for your feedback. Those questions must be old, maybe from the old exam, I haven't even looked at them. Unfortunately, nobody is getting paid here to update the questions, would you like to take the initiative?

I wouldn't mind contributing to this initiative. What if we got everybody on here who passed the exam this year to contribute a couple questions.
  • Options
    I took the ICND1 yesterday, and passed! Yes, those questions do appear to be old. I wouldn't be against putting in some contribution to an initiative to update the questions. On to the ICND2!
    2015 Goals: CCNA: Security [Scrapped(210-260)] CCNP Switch [ ] Route [ ] Tshoot [ ]
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Any advice/thoughts on the exam (no breaking NDA) I am taking mine in October.
  • Options
    emazemaz Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would pitch in, just let me know what needs to be done. Like Kmastflash mentions, I don't want to break any rules/regulations.
  • Options
    Any advice/thoughts on the exam (no breaking NDA) I am taking mine in October.

Good luck to you!

As far as advice, the best thing I could recommend would getting very comfortable with subnetting, as there was A LOT of it in the test. The test itself was fairly difficult, as I expected, but not overly so. Take practice tests, and KNOW YOUR SHOW COMMANDS! I'd say run through as many labs as you feel is enough to be able to find the usual info, I.E. IP address, subnet masks, etc. etc. Repetition is key IMO.

I went through the CBT Nugget videos and W. Odom's book, then went back through the stuff I wanted to really reinforce. For me, I learn visually, so watching the videos, then reading the corresponding chapter(s) in the book really worked for me. I took extensive notes while I read, as the videos obviously don't cover the entire book.
  • Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    I have some practice questions available: CCENT Practice Exam - Bank 1 | Route, Switch, Blog & CCENT Practice Exam

Just remember that most of the online resources, especially the free ones, do not have the ability to simulate the actual test environment, sim questions, etc. They should be used to reinforce the material, but most have no guarantee to represent the actual testing experience.
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog