Options

CCNP Exam Format

fitzybhoyfitzybhoy Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
What exactly is the format of the exam?

Is it multiple choice with simlets like CCNA, practical skills in a lab or a mixture of both?

Only reason I ask, is the testing centre where I sat my CCNA AFAIK does not have racks nor the staff to set them up if required.

Comments

• Options
    lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    It's the same as CCNA: multiple choice-single answer, multiple choice-multiple answer, simulations, drag and drop, etc
  • Options
    fitzybhoyfitzybhoy Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    lrb wrote: »
    It's the same as CCNA: multiple choice-single answer, multiple choice-multiple answer, simulations, drag and drop, etc

Thanks for the info. I was always under the impression that the sims were quite limited. Can they handle the longer and more complex CCNP commands?
  • Options
    lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    The CCNP uses a simulator I believe which from what I remember doesn't have a the absolute full set of commands implemented but has most of them. Probably to try and coerce you into performing the task that the grader can handle. This is especially true of things like PBR where there is about 10 different ways you can do the same thing.

You usually get a "This command is not supported" console message if you've typed in something that's not right.