SNIA Certified Storage Engineering

Has anyone taken or plan to take the SCSE exam anytime soon?

Comments

• srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I thought about studying for some SNIA stuff last year after I passed Storage+, but after doing some research it seems that SNIA certs just aren't very popular or sought after. I don't know if it's because they are vendor-neutral or what. The storage guys I used to work with pursued NetApp and EMC certs because those are the vendors that they worked with. So I'm not sure.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    My question is if someone wants to get Netapp or EMC certs, how do you get around to working on real gears since they are out of reach for any individual to buy & practice? Any ideas?
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    EMC offers a free simulator for some of their devices.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    thanks a lot. I'm bou to check it out. any suggestions which cert shold I go first?
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    I have one of those, I'd say the cert is pretty much useless..
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I was afraid of that.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)