Options

How do you know you are ready to take the ICND 1?

zholling10zholling10 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone,

I am planning on taking the ICND 1 within the next few weeks but I am just wanting to make sure that I am ready for it, for those who have taken it, how did you know you were ready? I have a few chapters left of Todd Lammle's CCENT book and I have subnetting nailed down pretty well. I also can pass my books practice test consistently with a score around 88-92%. Any advice would be great!

Comments

• Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    To me it was when I was getting close to 100% on the practice exams in Boson and in Odom's book.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It's not an easy question.
    The practice tests are a good indication but at some point you need to convince yourself that you know why the answers are correct.
    If you believe you understand why they are right or wrong then I say take the test.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    ImYourOnlyDJImYourOnlyDJ Member Posts: 180
    I would say print off the objectives and make sure you are comfortable with each item on there. I had some doubts when I took that exam a couple days ago mostly because I studied less than 40 hours (ignoring the hours I spent configuring my 2621xm and 2950 for my home network). I found the exam a bit easier than I expected and walked out with a 947.
  • Options
    verbhertzverbhertz Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would say print off the objectives and make sure you are comfortable with each item on there. I had some doubts when I took that exam a couple days ago mostly because I studied less than 40 hours (ignoring the hours I spent configuring my 2621xm and 2950 for my home network). I found the exam a bit easier than I expected and walked out with a 947.

I walked with a 947 yesterday. Studied since early June, read Lammle and Odom. Spent a good chunk of time in Packet Tracer. Basically, put the time in and you will be ready.
  • Options
    ImYourOnlyDJImYourOnlyDJ Member Posts: 180
    verbhertz wrote: »
    I walked with a 947 yesterday. Studied since early June, read Lammle and Odom. Spent a good chunk of time in Packet Tracer. Basically, put the time in and you will be ready.

I skimmed Lammle and used Odom to fill in gaps... I mostly used CBTNuggets because I learn exponentially better with videos than reading. I found Odom best for either solidifying concepts I was unsure about or when looking up how to configure something.