CCNP Switch

aquillaaquilla Member Posts: 148 ■■■□□□□□□□
Evening Guys,

Earlier today I took the CCNP Switch (V1) exam. Been ages studying for it for ages and found it harder than ROUTE.

Nevertheless, persistence with CBT Nuggets videos, the Cisco Press books and some real hardware, I walked out of test centre with a pass of 912. :)

Anyway, whilst I don't post here very often, I do visit almost daily and read the posts. It gives me a great insight into the technology and chances are someone may have already posted a question that I have so I can read up on the answers.

Gonna take the weekend off and then start on TSHOOT.
Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S

Comments

• ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    That's awesome! As they always say "A pass is a pass" ! I wouldn't get too hung up on the number as long as you've reviewed what you missed.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • snunez889snunez889 Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How long did you study for?
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Congrats buddy! Another UK inhabitant on the forums :) , I'm currently studying on the CCNP Switch to! Do you work more in Route in the industry I found that more difficult as I work more with Switching?
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
  • aquillaaquilla Member Posts: 148 ■■■□□□□□□□
    snunez889 wrote: »
    How long did you study for?

It took just over a year for me. Slightly longer than I would have liked, but I did move house during my studies which didn't help. Also don't do much switching in day-to-day job.
    Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S
    bharvey92 wrote: »
    Congrats buddy! Another UK inhabitant on the forums :) , I'm currently studying on the CCNP Switch to! Do you work more in Route in the industry I found that more difficult as I work more with Switching?

Thanks. Yes, I work more on the routing side. Don't do much switching day-to-day so found this exam harder than ROUTE.
    Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I hope for my case Switch is not harder....

Congrats on the pass though!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • StussyNzStussyNz Member Posts: 177
    aquilla wrote: »
    Evening Guys,

Earlier today I took the CCNP Switch (V1) exam. Been ages studying for it for ages and found it harder than ROUTE.

Nevertheless, persistence with CBT Nuggets videos, the Cisco Press books and some real hardware, I walked out of test centre with a pass of 912. :)

Anyway, whilst I don't post here very often, I do visit almost daily and read the posts. It gives me a great insight into the technology and chances are someone may have already posted a question that I have so I can read up on the answers.

Gonna take the weekend off and then start on TSHOOT.

Do you mind sharing what physical equipment you used for labing purposes?
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    I found switch tough because well, I relied heavily on my experience. I went through the OCG sure but I am quite comfortable with switching having done more switching than routing.

I know one thing, if I hadn't worked with HSRP in production (still needed to use the pad to write on) that test would have been brutal. It was a cool exam, very real world IMO..I don't remember my score but know it was in the low 900's..but I thought beforehand that I would pass but not knock it out of the park.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
    StussyNz wrote: »
    Do you mind sharing what physical equipment you used for labing purposes?

StussyNz - I had access to about half a dozen switches including 2960's, 3560's and 3750's.
    Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S